6.5x47 Lapua Build.

20" to action face, 21.25" to bolt face. Lothar walther super magnum sporter profile

2812 120gn btip

2821 120gn prohunter

2813 123 amax

3024 95 vmax

3072 100gn btip

Accuracy is very good with the 120/123gn bullets, .2" at 100, sub 1" @ 300, circa 2" at 500 in good conditions.

We dont talk on here about the use of amax on deer. The prohunters are very good out to 300, the amax are better after that (on gongs of course).

Thanks for you the info.

That's the type of accuracy I'm after!!!

I can be the BR's big brother.

I've heard there's been fall outs over A max.

Maybe they should look at nathan fosters ballistics research website or read his books.

I know of a few who have used Berger hunting bullets and they just don't open up and will no longer use them.

I'll say no more re A max.

Bootneck, all animals react badly to bullets - fact.

However we don't want people posting threads regarding the use of non UK Deer legal ammunition.

It does nothing for the credibility of the site

What people do is their business, we don't want it broadcasting on this site that all

:)

You can get 123gn sst's now, havent tried them but chances are they will perform very much like the amax of the same weight.

Messy on smaller deer, quick killers on the bigger ones would be my guess

my smith recommended these to me yesterday might get a box to try

i tried the 129 gr sst with no luck.couldn't get any real consistency 1" to 2" inch @ 200.then on offroad gary's recommendation tried 120 gr prohunters and they will do 1/2" @ 200 not pushed them any further yet

Archived