FAC Air Rifles -

David Hancock

Nope, It's in the same factory, now named Impact AirGuns / Selective Industries. I liked my Rapid 2 and MFR - simple tech. The new gun is a tweaked version of a Rapid 2 as far as I can see. Looked good. Felt good. Easy to service. Backup TBC.

Wondering who is running a Rapid to 30 / 35 Ftlbs.

• 2 months later...

Nope, It's in the same factory, now named Impact AirGuns / Selective Industries. I liked my Rapid 2 and MFR - simple tech. The new gun is a tweaked version of a Rapid 2 as far as I can see. Looked good. Felt good. Easy to service. Backup TBC.

I running a rapid mk 1 @ 31ftbs with air arms field heavys there the 18 grain ones and its very accurate and I find this power the best for the fac rapids

Running a mk2 at 33ftlb with 16gn. :)

Only got my 40ft-lb AirWolf a couple of weeks ago but having real fun with it.

Good score this morning- two maggies off the highest point of the macrocarpa (74yds) then another a few trees along, approx 85yds. Two closer ones half an hour later immediately followed by a rabbit that shouldn't have been out at 9am.. I'm surprised as to how well it puts the maggies down - four of the five fell straight out of the trees.

What goes on your FAC for a 'FAC' air rifle? (I'm assuming it can't be 'FAC air rifle! :lol: )

I think I need to try one of these; crows around my place seem to perch in the wrong places for 22lr or sit just out of 12ftlb range.

(any air rifle brands out there that break away from the trend for each air rifle to be uglier and uglier than normal rifles? )

The Stalker line of rifles are pretty

Id go day state, if I was looking ,,,,,,and buy the 303...

What goes on your FAC for a 'FAC' air rifle? (I'm assuming it can't be 'FAC air rifle! :lol: )

I think I need to try one of these; crows around my place seem to perch in the wrong places for 22lr or sit just out of 12ftlb range.

(any air rifle brands out there that break away from the trend for each air rifle to be uglier and uglier than normal rifles? )

Far cheaper to use some CCI quiets, in your .22 rimfire, 40 grain bullet at about 720ft per second giving about 45 ft pounds energy and 1 inch accuracy at 50yds

Aj

The Stalker line of rifles are pretty

Id go day state, if I was looking ,,,,,,and buy the 303...

Genuinely: What's the point of a 100ftlb air rifle? That's what 22lr does?!

I'd just like an effective range of, say, 50m - but the knowledge that the thing can be fired into treetops but not carry further than a field or 2.

Far cheaper to use some CCI quiets, in your .22 rimfire, 40 grain bullet at about 720ft per second giving about 45 ft pounds energy and 1 inch accuracy at 50yds

Aj

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for those and give them a try.

Anything over 30ftlb is using air very inefficiently.

Shot count is everything in Fac air. Look for something with a good regulator to keep shots consistent.

Ben Taylor (ex theoben) used to do regulator conversions for various makes fx, airarms etc.

I have a BTfx which is a beatifully balanced and good looking airgun (no big bottles up front) and produces 40 regulated shots at 28ftlb.

Good on bird and bunny to 75yds.

Agree with above, day state make a well balanced and good looking airgun.

Give me a shout if you would like to try the fx.

Rup

Dunno if you'd call the Air Wolf good looking but it sure does the biz.

Finally managed a 223bar fill today after leaning on the local dive shop. Fired three successive 5 shot groups at 37yds just on dark. All were sub half-inch and I already know they flatten maggies. What's not to like (except the price maybe)?

Give me a shout if you would like to try the fx.

Rup

Thanks Rup, may take you up on that.

Just googled having a regulator put in my s200.

This scared the idea out of me -drilling holes in a 200bar cylinder :unsure: not for me :lol: :

i had an eliminater in .25 a few years back ,beast of a gun that took some getting used to but when i did it was an accurate gun poleaxed anything it hit.wouldn't say it was a pleasant gun to shoot though or load for that matter .cant beat a pcp flick of the bolt and your done.the daystate airwolf takes some beatings too loads of shots per charge accurate out to 80/90 yrd but as said the price takes you back a bit

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for those and give them a try.

Aj

I don't think this is the same thing as you get with FAC air at all, the point of FAC air is the limited maximum range and very low terminal energy at long range, to allow safe shots at elevated angles, right? A 30ftlb .22 pellet has an absolute max range about 350yd and <1ftlb terminal energy at that range.

The point is to get a very LOW ballistic coefficient, that you get with pellets. A 40gn bullet even at 720ft/s has a range of over 1000yd and dangerous terminal energy according to JBM. I bet they ricochet at least as badly as normal .22 as well.

I haven't tried many of the light bullet .22 rimfire loadings, but I bought a box of RWS Z Lang, 29gn at 710ft/s (~32ftlb) a few years ago and half of them are still in my cabinet, they didn't really shoot "groups", more "loose associations"! Not sure what the BC was supposed to be on those, it will still be higher than a pellet, but may be low enough to offer something different to a 40gn bullet.

Archived