The Brugger & Thomet end can on my .338 makes it feel like an un-braked .223 and is stupidly quiet for something with 100 grains of powder. Equally the MAE end can is pretty good, with the SL7 high up on the list as well for me.

I like the SL7 and it does a great job on the .338 but I continue to be impressed with my Jet-z compacts. Shot some subsonics the other day in .308, it sounded like an air rifle. The same can also tames the recoil and noise of my 300WM.

Use ASE jetz and predator 8 mod both equally quite but each results in a different sound even when use on the same rifle if that makes sense. Looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on a sl5.

Another vote for the OLC suppressors. This was a prototype Reflex type with stainless front end and heavy wall aluminium back end to act as a heat sink. It barely warms up at all and is a superb bit of kit.

10913317053_0e11022ec1.jpg

Danny, no change in POI and negligible heat rise, certainly no mirage over the last 4 months of 2013. This was at the 1100 yard point at BR and it usually works OK (6,5x47) to 1200 unless it is blowing a gale

Archived