Scope Caps

brown dog

The topic of Butler Creeks having become rubbish over recent years came up a few days ago.

Having done a bit of a look around, I think I've found that Butler Creek tacticals size 46 -47 (62.5mm) will do the job for an S&B 5-25 http://www.cabelas.com/product/Butler-Creek-Tactical-One-Piece-Rubber-Scope-Caps/1514053.uts

Not had any luck in spotting anyone other than Cabelas ($40 shipping :rolleyes: ) that has them in stock.

Any ideas?

Tenebraxs scope caps ,,,,

think thats spelled right - search for these - supposedly indestructible..

Matt

I know of someone that had them in stock but that was a while back when they first came out.I know this as he had them off me when I realised they were no better than the spring versions and gave them to him :(

Don't waste your money on these is my advice

How much is the scope worth…..

Relative cost of tenebrax

Sure you weren't borne in yorkshite

How much is the scope worth…..

Relative cost of tenebrax

Sure you weren't borne in yorkshite

You've hit the nail on the head there Andy ;)

I've got the Swaro aluminium ones on all my Swaro scopes.When you consider its 2 Grand a pop the 80 odd quid for covers is money well spent :)

I am going to try the new March scope caps............must be better than BCs.

They're very good quality

You've hit the nail on the head there Andy ;)

I've got the Swaro aluminium ones on all my Swaro scopes.When you consider its 2 Grand a pop the 80 odd quid for covers is money well spent :)

Yes and no. :rolleyes: There's a point at which you're just being seen off for a pop-open lid. ;)

I'm not sure what you're protecting against, but I'm protecting against drops of water, wet blades of grass, sprigs of heather and careless finger prints - not thrown rocks or blast fragments.

The design weakness in BCs achieving that lies with the hinge. There'll be little or no greater protection in the more expensive versions and I suspect, less for the QA drop in modern butler creeks, I doubt they'll have significantly different strength - and the same weak point: a tiny molded hinge is a tiny molded hinge.

With Tenebraex you're just paying for tacticool. There will be £10 caps offering all the protection necessary. And I'll weep 10 times less when I break the hinge :)

The worst lens caps I've ever owned were the ones supplied with my ELs - which have worn (old) butler creeks from day 2.

I think, having trawled the net looking at these pop-open lids, that the Hawke may have the beefiest looking hinge of all that I've looked at? :P

It's all about the hinge!

The tenebraex are far superior, the way they fit, you can rotate them without removing them, they feel pretty tough, dold flat etc. your welcome to cop a feel if you ever get that bullpup and want to go for a plink. Im just outside marlborough now if you fancy a brew

The topic of Butler Creeks having become rubbish over recent years came up a few days ago.

Having done a bit of a look around, I think I've found that Butler Creek tacticals size 46 -47 (62.5mm) will do the job for an S&B 5-25 http://www.cabelas.com/product/Butler-Creek-Tactical-One-Piece-Rubber-Scope-Caps/1514053.uts

Not had any luck in spotting anyone other than Cabelas ($40 shipping :rolleyes: ) that has them in stock.

Any ideas?

Do you no what size I'd need for a 5.5-22x56 nxs eye piece in a full rubber tactical

I can't believe non of the big scope manufactures make a decent scope cover/caps for there scope ( except swaro) I would pay good money for decent scope covers.

Danny.

I can't believe non of the big scope manufactures make a decent scope cover/caps for there scope ( except swaro) I would pay good money for decent scope covers.

Danny.

Paying 1k plus for a scope you'd think they would come supplied with half decent ones in the first place...

Guys

March caps available middle of this month, I have the samples and they are very good, they will fit on 24,42,56 and 52mm objectives, so I am sure they will fit on other makes, also all March scopes ordered from the factory as of 2014 (excluding BR) will come with these as standard, no extra charge.

The caps do not twist as originally thought however they do fold flat (as to no obstruct the turret view and feel very secure) they are locked in position flat to the scope body.

Regards

Gary

These seem to be garnering some support a replacements and at the cost of a pint worth a try, I'd go for the clear ones rather thn the 70's skeet shooter style!

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/riflescopes-scope-accessories/jsrflip-jsr-fip-up-cover-with-yellow-haze-filter.html

Archived