identity

shuggie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the security implications for not giving your real full surname, and I'm not having a "dig" at anyone, so "trolls" keep your hair on!....

But would giving your first name really cause that bigger issue??

They're are some really cheesey "ID Tags" on the forum.......

People with common names could just put their name then the number 1, then, 2 and so on.....

However, I agree with not putting your picture up...

Just my 2 pence worth....

"Stand-by, incoming"!! :wacko:

I understand the security implications for not giving your real full surname, and I'm not having a "dig" at anyone, so "trolls" keep your hair on!....

But would giving your first name really cause that bigger issue??

They're are some really cheesey "ID Tags" on the forum.......

I presume someone already has the name Jamie, (as I couldn't use it) so I went with "Jam1e", as it's still obvious what my name is.... People with common names could just put their name then the number 1, then, 2 and so on.....

However, I agree with not putting your picture up...

Just my 2 pence worth....

"Stand-by, incoming"!! :wacko:

Or you could just put first name as your signature at the bottom of every reply or thread started.

Its only self security

I went for 5R-Twist because ive only just learnt what it is so now I feel really clever.

The pic is of my flat coat retriever who is better looking and much brighter than me.

V

Err your user name appears as Jamie???????????

Yea, just realised that's another forum.....

Now edited.... :blush:

Err your user name appears as Jamie???????????

Because it's not Facebook ........

Granted facebook is total shi5e. Although I have to admit to having an account. Mostly as I have relatives/friends in the forces and in other parts of the world, and it's a matter of ease....

But what does facebook have to do with using your first name??

Granted facebook is total shi5e. Although I have to admit to having an account. Mostly as I have relatives/friends in the forces and in other parts of the world, and it's a matter of ease....

But what does facebook have to do with using your first name??

See Post #21

My real name is Adrian, and I have been reluctant to put a photo of myself on here until I took the step to "come out" As I am in such good company and feel so comfortable around all you nice people, here I am dressed up ready to go shopping for much needed underwear!!!!

attachicon.gifkizzy.jpg

And I am Mrs Spatacus !!!

Not original in any way - and happy to put up my picture.

Besides - I am much better looking than Brown Dog,

He has reason for not wanting his face on the web - it causes strong emotions in folks.

Mostly pity....... :)

Rgds

Ian

This is a group photo of all the moderators from the site, we recently had a meeting to discuss this very issue.

Im on the far right of the image

We all like to wear hakka at the weekends, tie our hair up and strut around looking magnificent

As you can see, were looking at a map of how far reaching the UKV site has become in the last 12 months - next year we will be looking at achieving world domination..

Satsuma-samurai-during-boshin-war-period

In jest

:)

One guy who regularly posted excellent long range vids here and on other sites has now stopped posting as he was receiving threats against himself and his family from antis.

Once your name and location is known its pretty easy for the wrong person to find an address via electoral rolls, then it becomes a potential security issue as firearms are likely to be stored at that address.

A

One guy who regularly posted excellent long range vids here and on other sites has now stopped posting as he was receiving threats against himself and his family from antis.

Once your name and location is known its pretty easy for the wrong person to find an address via electoral rolls, then it becomes a potential security issue as firearms are likely to be stored at that address.

A

Such a shame as they were bloody good varminting videos, but I to would stop if it came to that.

Regards,

James

Not original in any way - and happy to put up my picture.

Besides - I am much better looking than Brown Dog,

He has reason for not wanting his face on the web - it causes strong emotions in folks.

Mostly pity....... :)

Rgds

Ian

:lol: Like it!

im the one with bald head

That doesn't really narrow it down! :wacko:

Archived