"bunnie bashing!!"

foxing2night

Been out this morning for a bit of range testing with some 68g barts ultra,s loaded with 26.6 grains of vit 130??, this is not my normal load but it does seem to work well with 68g bullets??, five shot group = . 257, so not a bad result????

now just to compare the 58g vmax, i shot one more five shot group and this one was a .251,, cheaper bullets easy to get hold of and they out shot my bloody barts,, forgot to say that i used the same load 26.6 of vit 130 :(

So of i went to look for a bunnie or two

first one was 266yrds with a stif 15 mph wind from my left?? on my scope the first dot after the cross hair is bob on at 300 yrds so at 266 i just put a rabbit in the middle, aim off to the left of his body and splat :( one more of the little buggers on his way ;)

It has been bloody hot here today, now that makes a change ;)

buy this time i was in the shade under a big old oak tree, now i looked at the first rabbit and there was a bloody crow having his dinner on my rabbit :) , you gessed it 266yrds, aim to the left of him for the wind and black feathers all over the place ;)

but the best was still to come???, there was a rabbit standing bolt upright at 305 yrds,,,, now this was like a prairy dog that we see in some of the books from the usa?????

first dot bob on, then aim to the left about 2 inches and splat, not bad for two hours out??????

as the saying goes,,,, the wind is your friend not your enemy :( ,,, all the best boys f2n

p.s. did not say that the calibre that i was useing was my sako 75 in 6mm ppc

In the two's not bad thats bloody good in my eyes i wouldnt stop braging if i shot like that if i get a group in the fives i am well chuffed , just started takeing more notice of the effect of the wind on bullets recently after my day with tt and have more confidence now in takeing shots on windy days, nice shooting on the bunnies and the black varmint

Excellent going, now the suns come out everyone seems to be having a good weeks varminting. Make the most of it sadly a cold and wet bank holiday coming up :lol:

Cheers

Dave

Nice one darrel :lol::D You just got to love the 6PPC and the 58 v-max combination :( :(

Hope you other guys are having fun too :D:(

All the best...........

RAY.............. :(:D

Archived