.204 or .22-250

triple2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got to say i found the benefit of using 75 amax's in my ppc with their high bc tonight, had a fox that wouldn't come in & there was a good old wind blowing up! it was blowing in from around 2 o'clock. got down on the pod 3" of windage.. 220yds head shot. wouldn't have attempted it with any light stuff! they are just so good in the wind..

walked for miles in the past few weeks on quite a few farms & not had a shot! tonight made it all worth while!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate, It only took 5 months lol, with 3 refusals and 3 appeals. Just getting the wording right for dedicated NV. Pain in the ass but many thanks to the BASC. If anyone has any dramas don't be afraid to use them.

JJ,

I followed Steve's advice in building my first 223AI, and was glad I did. You can pretty much take what he says to the bank.

If forced to choose between my 204 and my 223AI, my 204 would be down the road faster than it took to type this. fortunately that scenario is a LONG ways from happening.

The 223AI is a fantastic round, you won't be disappointed.

BTW, Grafs has Winchester Mil-Spec Primed brass on closeout now that would make superb 223AI fodder. Cases last a long time in the AI, but with Milspec you might not be able to wear them out given judicious loading practices.

Now, to depart from Steve's advice a little, I subbed Ramshot TAC for H335 and found nearly identical velocity and accuracy with a much cleaner burning, more stable powder. It doesn't do any of the wierd things that I've had H335 do when it gets hot out.

Just made me laugh when I read this, these boys no there weapons as well :);)

JJ,

I followed Steve's advice in building my first 223AI, and was glad I did. You can pretty much take what he says to the bank.

If forced to choose between my 204 and my 223AI, my 204 would be down the road faster than it took to type this. fortunately that scenario is a LONG ways from happening.

The 223AI is a fantastic round, you won't be disappointed.

BTW, Grafs has Winchester Mil-Spec Primed brass on closeout now that would make superb 223AI fodder. Cases last a long time in the AI, but with Milspec you might not be able to wear them out given judicious loading practices.

Now, to depart from Steve's advice a little, I subbed Ramshot TAC for H335 and found nearly identical velocity and accuracy with a much cleaner burning, more stable powder. It doesn't do any of the wierd things that I've had H335 do when it gets hot out.

Just made me laugh when I read this, these boys no there weapons as well :);)

You won't be getting primed cases shipped from grafs. Unless I missed something and they have a new UK outlet.

• 3 weeks later...

But you do have Red squirels , seen my first one over there ! Are you allowed to slot them ? Cheers snip ....Tim...

I couldnt do that with any caliber TBH as we have no deer on the Isle of Man ! Lol

But you do have Red squirels , seen my first one over there ! Are you allowed to slot them ? Cheers snip ....Tim...

Hi Tim

I doubt you saw a red squirle over here mate as we dont have them either.

Never have mate.

Steve

Hi Tim

Never have mate.

Steve

Crumbs , i was sure it was a Red ! Then again it was a stag doo over there , might of had me beer goggles on lol :blink:

Hi Tim

Never have mate.

Steve

Crumbs , i was sure it was a Red ! Then again it was a stag doo over there , might of had me beer goggles on lol :blink:

Yeh mate, we have no reds and no greys, no squirrels at all infact mate.

They were looking at introducing reds as it should be a breeding haven for them with there being no greys, but as off yet they have not.

Cheers

Steve.

Archived