Targetmaster Powder Trickler

andybrock

I got the Mrs to buy me a Targetmaster Powder Trickler for Christmas which arrived yesterday and what a fantastic piece of kit it is, very well made, extremely accurate, repeatable and very easy to set up and use.

I found the iphone magnifying app very useful as you can see just how accurate the set up is performing. Ive attached a short video of me weighing 29.5 grains of N133 and I could repeat this accuracy time after time.

If you are thinking of getting one DO as it will be the best £120 or so that you will spend.

Allan comes on here so if you want one give him a shout you wont be disappointed!

http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/andybrock/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FD8203F1-22EC-47D2-A6B1-2360BCE3160C.mp4.html

Great looking set up Andy, I'm just hoping my wife is as imaginative as yours. Glad to see the scales being used, the IPad app makes it so much easier to veiw.

Scales are great Steve, when I showed her what she'd bought me for Christmas she just gave me "that look" that only women can give and walked off!

I ordered a Targetmaster last week. I watched a friend using a similar but inferior system and googled for something similar but better. I found dozens of testimonies from very happy users so immediately ordered one. Allan emailled me to say he's a bit behind at the moment but hoped to get mine out for Christmas.

Used one for about a year and is a great aid to reloading. I use a web cam connected to my laptop. This way I can see full screen the zero on the scales. Saves a lot of bending down to rad it.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic bit of kit. Had a few issues with my electronic scales and went back to the beam scale with this trickler- couldn't be happier. Alan is a really good fellow to deal with.

• 5 years later...
On 1/8/2014 at 12:12 AM, alpha1 said:

I bought the target master and a calibrated scale great piece of kit. I use mine connected to a lap top its the dogs dangly bits.

what calibrated scale if i may ask

• 4 months later...

it is an old topic but i bump it up just because i want to say that after one and half year of use of the targetmaster trickler my reloading has been speeded up and it is really accurate. i love it.

i had a lot of problem with an electronic scale (gempro) and even after been replaced it coulnd't hold the zero. so i went on a mechanical scale, a redding one. then i discovered the targetmaster and now i can reload 20 ammo in 15 minutes and they stay in a speed spread  of max 1-2m/s. 

i reload 308 with VV N140 and N540 and 300WSM with VV N550

one of the catch in my shooting equipment

How does the target master tricker compare with the recently upgraded all singing and dancing electronic dispenser the FX 120i.

Wondered how accurate the TMT weighs in 0.01gr wise.

Catch 22 may have played with these 2.....

I agree - the TM is great and does work very well.

But for me it comes down to time and convenience.

The TM works well but I found it takes quite a while to throw each charge, settle, trickle/adjust, settle. Also as I don’t have a dedicated reloading room (use the dining room table) it takes a bit of time to properly setup for each reloading session. 

The Autothrow/Autotricker with A&D scale throws arguably a more accurate charge more quickly. And setup time for each reloading session is just less faffing...for me anyway.

Just my opinion and no bashing intended.