NV Which one, advice please

Ronin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does the doubler on the drone pro handle the recoil of a .30cal rifle? Or is it a lot better put together than the pulsars with a doubler/dr bobs attachment.

The drone looks rather more "sight" like compared to the pulsar digisights.

Got any video footage through it yet Anthony?

Cheers,

Simon

Is there anyone importing the Armasight clip on series to the UK or is this a non starter….?

Thinking of the CO MR..in particular?

The Drone is designed and threaded correctly to take a doubler, the N750 is not, any doubler will always be an after market addition that the scope was never originally designed for. Although my N750 has held zero now for a long while, it would be a lie to say that I have not had problems in this area in the past.

Max range is not question I would ever really be happy answering, there are too many variables involved and I have not had my Drone for very long, all it can say is it looks good so far but weather it will be able to match the N750 in this I am as yet unable to answer.

There is short Drone video here:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a starlight longbow all I can say is it is awesome. I can use the rifle during the day just like any normal good quality scope.but at night I can see so far with it you have to be careful not to take on things to far as everything is so clear. I can see rabbits very clearly at 400 yards. Only a couple of downsides firstly very expensive. Secondly does not work very well with out the firefly laser as it does not gather light as well as the nv scopes purposely made for the job. I love it would not be without it.

im fairly new to the NV side and my NV is a home made rig with a watec902 camera....I can move it from rifle to rifle In minutes and altho it looks cumbersome you soon "learn" to mount and watch the screen .....ive since added another IR torch....you can get couple of lads over on nightvisionforumuk to make them and cheaper than a nm800 and can get with white or coloured pills as well as IR .

I didn't make this..was made for me but still cheaper than a ns200 which it basically is....also I can see eye shine but maybe not ID it out past 300yds and further...shooting and being able to ID the target I would say 200-250yds maybe....

see starlight are bringing out a rear mounted digi add on soon called the arrow ...

NVsetup3.jpg

NVsetup.jpg

NVsetup4.jpg

paul

cheers Danny

got in tow so to speak with a guy bout hour awa thru a mutual pal..... I had no idea how much was being done and by how many folks as far as "DIY" NV was concerned ....blows you away ....itt looks cumbersome but its all mounted on a long pictinnay rail and on all my scopes I have an upside down mount so you just take the rail complete with all the set up permanently on it... stick it on the upsid edown mount and away you go......

only thing I need to adjust is the focus on the camera for each rifle....takes a few minutes but once focused away you go...... I think these things work best with side parallex scopes to help with focus.

I bought a T74 off of a guy on nightvisionforumuk and its amazing ..came with a white pill a red pill and the IR pill and far cheaper than a NM800....

heres a pic of a steading and caravan, I took pic with iphone trying to hold everthing not enough hands.... im in my back garden... the steading and caravan other end of the field approx. 800yds away... ther fair bit of ambient light around as well tho as I live outskirts of town

nv1_zps6f14f31f.jpg

seen other kit made by this guy and unreal....basically one of those rotolights with a remote control suckered to roof....all gubbins removed a lense put in and a heap of IR leds in place of reflector and standard light.... run a feed down to a 7" flat screen suckered onto the inside windscreen and all folk in car can sit and spy 360degrees in pitch black out to 400yds and view inside the motor!!

think the staright arrow could be could with good IR, they say for 350 that a basic unit with no IR buut for £400 with IR it will see fox to 200 yds ?

paul

Interesting set up Sauer, it's amazing what some are achieving with DIY stuff.

Cannot get my head around how comfy your set up would be to shoot though? ie where does your cheek rest on to take a shot etc?

Regards Grouse

firstly Ronin.... sorry for hijacking your thread !!!! I just get bit enthusiastic sometimes !!! I know NV getting more available to the masses and just wanted to show what out there....my set up was around £400 but if you had the know how ( I don't ) same could be built cheaper.

I think in essence what I have is basically a similar set up to the ns200.... small monitor ontop of rifle showing what a camera picks up from thru the scope.

I shoot it with head still on stock...maybe back a bit form where would normally be on stock....also angle of the head is angled up slightly as opposed to what would be looking thru the scope....it honestly doesn't take too long to "adjust"

im keen to see how the starlight arrow will be as it will be more akin to looking thru a scope as opposed to a screen ...albeit still back on the stock due to length of the add on.

I personally think ...for me... digital way to go... I don't have to worry bout being clumsy and wrecking the tube integrity with light by forgetting a lense cap or the like

Hi

I have a FDA 75 front mounted add on your more then welcome to try

The great thing about them no chancing scopes or loss off eye relief

Drop me an email if your interested darren@pheasant-shooting.com

Hi

Hi

Hi Darren

Front mounted one sounds more like what I'm after, what scope you got it on and how far can you see a fox at night mate? Any chance of a pic

Cheers Gaz

• 2 months later...

How is the drone pro 10x performing for you now Anthony?

How would you rate it after having it a while?

Im thinking of getting one.

Garry

The Drone is working well, I am very happy with it and would say it is definitely a significant upgrade from an N750.

It does need more IR than an N750 but the trade off is a better picture, I just wish you could use rechargeable batteries in it.

There is another short vid here:

I did take a fox last week at about 300 yards with it but forgot to press record. Doh!

Thanks for that clip Anthony!

Is the drone easier to set up than the n750?

Is there any niggly issues that you would change with this unit?

Is the t20 ir enough light for this setup?

I think the Drone is a bit easier to zero than the N750, as long as you remember to save after each adjustment as I found out to my detriment.

I have read that several people have had mounting issues, with not being able to mount the scope far enough back or the mount fouling on the bolt but I have had no problems myself and I have had had mine mounted on both of my foxing rifles.

The unit is supplied with a T20 which is good for 200+ yards on most nights, I use an XSearcher but I do take some longer shots than that so more IR is useful.

That fox on thermal is a cheeky fit. Lol. Seems a very popular fid over past few months mate. Drone a nice piece of kit what mpr are you using very crisp.

CZV

The Drone is working well, I am very happy with it and would say it is definitely a significant upgrade from an N750.

It does need more IR than an N750 but the trade off is a better picture, I just wish you could use rechargeable batteries in it.

There is another short vid here:

I did take a fox last week at about 300 yards with it but forgot to press record. Doh!

Can you use an external power pack with these? Might take the plunge and get one this week. The blurb says 3 hrs run time doesn't seem alot and could become expensive on batteries.Do you have the 10x one?

ATB Sean

Yes mine is the 10x model.

There will be an external battery pack available soon apparently.

I use a Ti spotter until I actually take the shot and hence the run time on the scope is quite good as it is not on for long

Archived