New sightron or 2nd hand nightforce nxs ?

goldie

The 5.5-22 NXS is a belting scope, especially if going on a long range rifle like a .338 or .50 - lots of internal adjustment.

Equally though the Sightron SIII 6-24's have 100 MOA internal adjustment and excellent glass. I've got two and run one on a .338, have also got the 8-32 and love the glass. I also have a 8-32 NXS and a 3.5-15 NXS (bought from tackb incidentally!) and they are really good rugged scopes with excellent glass.

Both perform well mechanically and to my eyes Sightron's glass is every bit as good as Nightforice. However the NF NXS's are built to stand up to serious use and you can tell the difference in the way they're built.

Buy either with confidence, especially 2nd hand. Sightron has a lifetime warranty and I don't think NF's is too shabby.

Having had(and got rid of) a nightforce and having looked through a sightron I would take the sightron every time. In my view the glass is much better. All I hear about sightron's service is first class too so it would be sightron for me.

Cheers

Rich

I've got the 5.5-25x56 nxs and the 8-32x56 nxs both in np2dd and I personally love them for foxing, vermin, long range ect. Best thing to do is have a look at both and see what suits your eyes the best.

Me too am not sure on your same choices. It looks like i'm going for a sightron. Next question is where to buy it from? There seems to be lots about.which one are you looking at? I am looking at the lrmoa 6-24.

Phil :-)

Sightron. I think the contrast is better than the NF. In fact, (or, my opinion at least) the sightron sight picture is as good as a pm11, had a look through one last week that was on a 'potential buy' list, and I could see no difference worth the extra £1100, and I prefer the MOA ret over the s&b too.

Go for a sightron, you won't regret it.

Pete

Me too am not sure on your same choices. It looks like i'm going for a sightron. Next question is where to buy it from? There seems to be lots about.which one are you looking at? I am looking at the lrmoa 6-24.

Phil :-)

I have a sightron 8-32x56 moas that I bought new from the states and got stung for customs etc it still only cost £700 new. So a damn site cheaper than a second hand NXS.

A mate has the 8-32x56 NXS which we compare side by side.

The NXS wins in all areas. Better picture, better field of veiw etc etc. However when you consider the price difference the sightron wins. However if I was buying the sightron in the uk I would pay the extra and get the NXS... tbis was the decision from both of us.

The test waz done for target shooting. We didnt test for hunting scenarios.

I have a sightron 8-32x56 moas that I bought new from the states and got stung for customs etc it still only cost £700 new. So a damn site cheaper than a second hand NXS.

A mate has the 8-32x56 NXS which we compare side by side.

The NXS wins in all areas. Better picture, better field of veiw etc etc. However when you consider the price difference the sightron wins. However if I was buying the sightron in the uk I would pay the extra and get the NXS... tbis was the decision from both of us.

The test waz done for target shooting. We didnt test for hunting scenarios.

Totally agree with this.

Not sure what to do get a new sightron or stick to what I know and try to get a 2nd hand nightforce nxs.

Thanks

iv never used a sightrun , but i have a 5.5-22x56 np1rr , because its simply a rugged heavy dependable scope for extreme weather if needed ! i did notice that its like 3times heavier than a leupold vx111 6-20x40 !! lots for yer money

Archived