Schmidt & Bender Classic 4-16x50 "Long Range" Scope with Varmint Reticle

Now that I have bought and tested the ultra-stable Dolphin Trakker bipod, a lighter scope will be required to make the overall weight limit in a particular 300m discipline again, so this scope must reluctantly make way for another model. It has nevertheless provided me a few years of excellent service in this discipline at the range and was never used out in the field.

Two of the most interesting features are the S&B Varmint reticle located in the First Focal Plane (FFP). Besides a target dot (14mm subtension) in the centre, the S&B Varmint reticle has additional hold-over dots (9.3mm) for elevation that have been calibrated for typical varmint calibres and loads. An offset dot for wind and estimating distance is also included on either side. A (legible?) photo of the subtensions sent to me by S+B is included below. The complete page can be sent in hi-res upon request.

A few important specs:

Parallax adjustment: Side dial

Illuminated reticle: Not available

Click adjustment: 5mm per click at 100m (approx. 1/6 MOA)
Standard caps with concealed turrets and dial indicators

Tube diameter: 30mm

Outer diemter of objective: 57mm

Outer diameter of eyepiece: 43mm

Overall length: 394mm

Weight: 744 g

Eye relief: 90mm

Further information is available from the S&B website http://www.schmidtundbender.de/en/products/hunting/4-16x50-klassik.html .

The scope's condition is very good/excellent. Besides the few areas where the anodizing has worn off from scope mounts (see photos), there is nothing else to write home about. The optics are free of blemishes or scratches and all adjustments operate flawlessly. It comes with the original bikini covers as well as the sunshade (but not the Swarovski box!).

The good news is that I will be in London on business toward the middle of next week and would be able to bring it with and meet to allow inspection and save on bank charges, postage and the like.Please send me a PM if interested.

Asking price is 1150 £ ovno.

ATB,

Bianchi

PS: The buyer will have first option on extras such as the Butler creek flip caps, Warne Maxima QD pica scope rings (medium) and the depicted scope leveller.

post-12095-0-30827200-1386107075_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-04659200-1386107079_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-55777700-1386107082_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-67073200-1386107085_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-19448100-1386107155_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Found the right lightweight successor last month (at last) so the Schmidt can go.

The FFP Varmint reticle with the centre and hold-over dots is well suited to long range hunting or target shooting.

The scope can be viewed at Bisley during the period 13th to 16th May. Please PM me if interested.

Price now reduced to 950 £ ono as per above specs.

ATB,

Bianchi

Hi Dave,

Thought there was a curse on it so I left it at home :-(. Currently my next planned trip over is in September. Send me a PM if you would like some more pics for a possible remote transaction or would like to meet.

Regards from a rather moist Stickledown but yesterday was perfect.

Bianchi

• 4 years later...