PM 2 internal fault?

shooter79

So i went to turn the mag zoom on my PM 2 today (5-25 x 56 MSR reticle), at first it was stiff but now its stuck on X 5 and it won't budge at all now. Anyone seen this kind of behaviour before? The scope is not old and in perfect condition so i'm bewildered. At first i thought it may of been the cold but the unit is sealed.

I emailed S and B today so hopefully it will be a case of a return it and they should fix what ever internal fault there is, i believe this fault will be covered by the warranty? Anyone know if they have a repair base in the UK?

Carl.

Bought the scope 6 months old from a chap on Stalking Directory, MSR reticle from http://www.finnaccuracy.com/sb_pm2_MSR_special_reticle_en.html, not many of them about. I would never expect an internal fault like this to just happen by itself.

When the illum cap unscrewed itself they sent me a new one free of charge plus a spare!

Tony,

as far as I am aware I broke the news to the U.K. After finding out the hard way.

Still a good product. Khales are chomping at the heels though especially with gen2.

Shame that Kahles is 0.1mil though

Will they do a 0.05 version??

He burned his bridges doing it for me and has lost all contact with the company as he was so disapointed with the way it was handled.

Go through the original supplier of the scope, if schmidt want to keep selling scopes they need to keep some friends.

2 replies today -

S and B reply - Dear Mr. Harrison,

it´s sounds like a problem with the erector system inside the scope. If you like you can send the scope directly to Schmidt & Bender Germany. Don´t forget a letter with your complete address and your phone number and a copy of your mail inside the package.

Sorry about my bad English.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Best regards

Klaus Görzel

Serviceabteilung

Finn Accuracy reply - Hello Carl,

Stuck magnification is not unheard problem with SB 5-25.
I forward this mail to my colleague Markus.
He will prepare service request for you, so you can return your scope directly to Germany. You will also get your scope directly back to home, this saves your time and money.

Ystävällisin terveisin / Best Regards

Jarno Lankila

Posted my scope with RM Airsure Service for about £22 but only insured up to a limit of £500. It's the extra insurance charges that ramp up the cost. S&B returned the scope via DPD and turn around time was just over two weeks from door to door for a reticle change and service.

• 2 weeks later...

Well lads beat this for service?

Courier service picked up scope Monday just gone at their expense and scope returned from Germany today! No payments and the scope was brand new with a different serial number, new box etc. They don't mess around in S and B. and you think 2 weeks was quick John?

• 2 weeks later...

Well lads beat this for service?

Courier service picked up scope Monday just gone at their expense and scope returned from Germany today! No payments and the scope was brand new with a different serial number, new box etc. They don't mess around in S and B. and you think 2 weeks was quick John?

That's outstanding. Stories like that influence my purchasing decisions.

Archived