.260 Thor

baldie

Here's one from last week.

IMG_2029_zps3253a5c7.jpg

IMG_2032_zps9922d98a.jpg

This is a Thor action which is the basic one in the Valkyrie range. It has less fancy bits than its more expensive brothers , but all the goodies found on a custom action. Personally, its growing to be my own favourite. I love its simplicity.

IMG_2030_zpsa996573c.jpg

IMG_2031_zps267e822a.jpg

It has a 20 MOA rail, Fluted bolt and sako extractor. Its fitted with a Border Archer 1 in 8.5" barrel at 28" long. Threaded 18mm x 1 and fitted with an ASE Jet-z finished in Ceracote armour black to match the rail.

This is dropped into a Manners T4A and fitted with a DBM and 10 round magazine.

Trigger is the Jewel.

Onto the test.

I have a pretty standard test now. Its onto the range and bore sight the test gun with the same scope. This puts me on paper. Then a quick measure to put a 5 round group on paper after cleaning the barrel after the 2 or 3 rounds to get on.

IMG_2037_zps6dfe00b0.jpg

The first group measured just over half an inch. I then cleaned again and shot again. First round fouler then 5 [ not 3 ] into the .079" beauty to the left of the bull.

I,ve found over time that all Archers seem to run in within 10 to 15 rounds from new. This is a very good example indeed of how a barrel suddenly breaks in.

Load was H4350 with lapua brass and sierra matchking 140 grain bullets.

I know the very proud owner of this rifle and it's apparently going to be topped off with a S&B PM2, I look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Oundle very soon :-) looking at the test groups I don't think It'll disappoint ;-)

Alan

Fluting is std on the action Mr Chop.

You up for a whupping in the morning ? :D

not going tomorrow ,going to do a bit of bunny bashing.still not over the shame of mike beating me last time,deffo making the next one though

got to say dave i'm with you on the action looks the dogs and cheaper than the others, whats not to like

I know the very proud owner of this rifle and it's apparently going to be topped off with a S&B PM2, I look forward to seeing it in the flesh at Oundle very soon :-) looking at the test groups I don't think It'll disappoint ;-)

Alan

You do.

It has.

You will.

It didn't.

DSC_0343_zps2cce1cb9.jpg

DSC_0342_01_zps398eb0ee.jpg

260Remingtonrifletarget02_zpsf7e090ae.jp

That's (centre to centre) 0.45", 0.45" and 0.4" from a load thrown together in an hour, using borrowed dies that I wasn't allowed to adjust.

Thanks to Dave I am a very happy Teddy.

maximus otter

:D

Mr Otter....

You forgot the bloody chips.... :lol:

I,m going to make you a Stoney point type guage for it, as I have some fired cases from it. I will also include the load data that produced the tiny group too.

Keep an eye on the postbox.

You forgot the bloody chips.... :lol:

I,m going to make you a Stoney point type guage for it, as I have some fired cases from it. I will also include the load data that produced the tiny group too.

I bought you that paper of chips 5 years ago, and you'll never let me forget it, will you?

Received the "Stoney Point gauge" as promised .

Thanks again.

maximus otter

• 3 weeks later...

Archived