Hello i have had a look at these mod's but dident see size's.Dose any1 on here have 1 up to 25cal think an A10.What do you think of it & fit length/diamiter/weight is it & how much dose it extend the rifle.Just interested but not getting 1 yet need to save.

Hello i have had a look at these mod's but dident see size's.Dose any1 on here have 1 up to 25cal think an A10.What do you think of it & fit length/diamiter/weight is it & how much dose it extend the rifle.Just interested but not getting 1 yet need to save.

hi -

there is an article coming out in next months gun mart on mods,and the A-TEC is in there, i don't know where it came as all i did was supply Bruce Potts with the mod,all so there is a article coming out on the 31 of this month in shooting times on the smaller mods/rim fire, and the A-TEC mod is in there as well.

here are the specks of the A-TEC full bore.

http://www.customprecisionrifles.com/suppressors.htm

ATB

Colin ;)

vmax save hard mate

i cant recomend them enough i can shoot my rifles free hand now thats how light they are, i have an a-tec and use it on my .223 and 6.5 with no loss of zero.

IMHO these are the best mod out there, every one that has seen /heard mine is well impresed. even my local rfd just had to get one for his rifles :lol::D

Guest 308Panther

How much of a reduction in sound can one expect?

I have heard that alot of the crack we hear is also the result of high velocity bullet speeds..

I have also seen subsonic ammo(never used it tho) must sub sonic ammo be used along with a mod?

Obtaining a Class 111 license here in Wisconsin is next to impossible...Along with a $200 contribution

to the Federal Government it also requires a signature from someone like a Sheriff,Police Chief or a Judge.

Class 111 is also the license required to own or posses a Full Auto weapon.....So getting one is no simple task.

308Panther

Cheer's t.t i have done a bit of looking at these for a while as im alway's keen to see & here about new product's like this & hear about there performance.Unfortunatly i do need to save for 1 but no harm in asking on this site it's fine as i feel im not wasting a shop's time if i was asking now as i couldent buy 1 just yet.

It isn't impossible to get moderators in the states, but you need to check the states laws concerning ownership. You couldn't import any suppressors made overseas, but there are many many quality options available on the other side of the pond. It is legal to own a suppressor in Wisconsin, but am not sure whether it is legal to use one..

I'm a bit rusty on this, but I believe you apply for a one time 'tax stamp' to the BATF, not a Class 3(which is a dealers license), and this stamp covers all class 3 items including machine guns and short barreled shotguns. You get the moderator from a Class 3 dealer, who can transfer the item to you once you have the paperwork filled out and are approved. A Class 3 dealer will have all the appropriate forms you will need, you'll get a thorough flossing thru the ATF on a background check, and your local constabulatory will probably inspect your house and make sure your safe is in good nick.. As well, the tax stamp is a 'shall issue' document which unless you have really screwed up sometime in the past, you shouldn't find a problem getting one, once you've paid up..Not an overnight thing, think it takes about 2-3 months to process the paperwork. If you were interested in buying a suppressor/mod, just get in touch with a manufacturer like Gemtech, KAC, Jet, or the like, and they will guide you thru the process.

The crack you hear is the bullet breaking the sound barrier. A moderated weapon will still have the 'crack' with supersonic rounds but gets rid of most of the other noise associated with muzzle blast. You can shoot without earplugs, though I usually still wear some sort of ear protection. Rather than a BOOM, you get more of a Psssewwww noise on a moderated weapon. Plus, the added bonus of recoil reduction makes it nice. The 300 win mag kicks like a .243 or less..As said above, you get less muzzle flip, which means you can follow thru on the shot to the target. They are a must have, I must say..Makes shooting that much more enjoyable.

You don't have to shoot subsonic rounds thru a moderator. If you do, you won't get the 'crack', as the bullet is under the speed of sound.

You should look into it. I know it's a pain in the butt to have the local police give you the thorough once over, but it's not much different than what we here in the UK have to go thru.

Later

JR

Guest 308Panther

Ok...Did some checkin...

Gun Dealers license.....FFL and there is a seperate license to be a Class 3 Dealer

Class 3 is a category of restricted weapons...Full auto and/ or Silenced

Tax stamp is required to obtain anything in Class 3.

Signature from Judge,Police Chief,City Mayor,Sheriff....Required

One time $200 fee/charge.

Full background check.

My cousin's husband is a Deputy Sherrif in Florence County,Wisconsin....And one would think

it would be a walk in the park for a family member(like me) to obtain the required signature..You only need one

of the above to sign...But here's the thing...The Deputies's boss ...Sheriff ...Wont even sign for his own Deputies.

Does that suck or what ??

I have no criminal record.

I dont have any contacts on the local police force,And I dont know any Judges( I think this is a good thing )

The Mayors in the area are tryin to band together and work with the Congressmen and Senators to pass a bill requiring a registration transfer if I even borrow a handgun from a person that lives in a differant county...

And our incredibly crooked Govenor vetoed a bill that allow us the chance of obtaining a permit to carry a concealed weapon...

In short...The Powers that Be are extremly Anal.

I got better chances of getting struck by lightning.

308Panther

Archived