Sako TRG-22 F/TR Weight Limit

Brillo

Following on from my post about fitting a 30" barrel to my Sako TRG-22, does anyone know for definite what the gross weight would be and if the rifle will still be within the F T/R weight limit?

I'm using a Nightforce 12-42X56 scope and Dolphin bipod.

I would be a tad annoyed with myself if I got a new barrel only to find I didn't qualify for F T/R.

Thanks

Following on from my post about fitting a 30" barrel to my Sako TRG-22, does anyone know for definite what the gross weight would be and if the rifle will still be within the F T/R weight limit?

I'm using a Nightforce 12-42X56 scope and Dolphin bipod.

I would be a tad annoyed with myself if I got a new barrel only to find I didn't qualify for F T/R.

Thanks

Weight the rifle as it is. Then, for every extra inch of barrel, add 4 ounces. All-up weight with scope and bi-pod is 18lb 2oz.

Thanks Vince. Current weight with scope and bipod is a smidgin under 16lb, so with the extra 4 inches at 16oz I've got 1lb 2oz to play with. I assume the 4oz per inch is for a Palma profile or similar??

Thanks Vince. Current weight with scope and bipod is a smidgin under 16lb, so with the extra 4 inches at 16oz I've got 1lb 2oz to play with. I assume the 4oz per inch is for a Palma profile or similar??

Yes - 4 oz per inch is a rough 'rule of thumb'. But, with 18oz to play with - you'll be OK.

• 2 years later...

Hi Brillo

I am 2.5 years late to the party but did you (or any other reader) re-barrel the TRG? how did it go?

I have a TRG 22 and am thinking about doing the same - could you recommend a good smith with the right experience and gear

Thanks

Hobbit

Neil McKillop (Dasherman), Paddy Dane (Dane & Co) and Devon Custom Rifles (DCR) all get my vote :) . Plenty of other very good smiths out there as well - You can't really go wrong with any of the top guys.

Brillo, Tiff

Thanks for the replies Gents - It is certainly not crucial yet as I am still learning about shooting and reloading but I have already caught the tinkering bug (fitted a KRG folding stock last week) so it is only a matter of time!

Cheers

Hobbit

Brillo

How do you fix the Dolphin bipod to your TRG?? Is there an adapter that fits the TRG bipod receiver??

I am using an original TRG bipod but wonder what my other options are

Thanks

Hobbit

Hi Hobbit,

My dolphin bipod has an Anshutz rail fitting. With a slight bit of modification to the TRG stock (cutting a bit out of the back of the stock to extend the gap between the molding and the rail) you can slide in a Harris bipod adapter and this is the same size as the dolphin fitting.

Personally I loved the TRG bipod. It's not to everyone's liking but it worked for me.

Archived