Full length sizing.

davo

New to this reloading lark so inevitably I've hit a glitch....

I tried full length resizing using both Redding and Lee dies, some of the cases where fine and some had curious dents on the shoulders, any ideas why???

Cases where well lubed, and I followed all the manufacturers instructions for setting the dies up and sizing.

DSCN0358.jpg

New to this reloading lark so inevitably I've hit a glitch....

I tried full length resizing using both Redding and Lee dies, some of the cases where fine and some had curious dents on the shoulders, any ideas why???

Cases where well lubed, and I followed all the manufacturers instructions for setting the dies up and sizing.

DSCN0358.jpg

Judging from the picture it looks like there is too much lube on the case/in the die and it is forming a lump that is indenting the case....Make sense?

Thanks Tiff, sure does, I wanted to make sure they were well lubed, (nothing to crazy) just a fairly good covering, might have got slightly carried away.....

Shall try some more with less.

Ta.

Davo

you only need the slightest hint of lube on the cases

RCBS do a lube pad that you first rub the lube into the pad and then very gently roll the cases on the pad just before you resize them, also make sure you have a little on the mouth of the case so the neck sizing ball dosen't binde

Ian

Archived