VV Powder

325WSM

Cheapest I can get is 60 quid per 1kg of vhit 133.

What is the cheapest you can buy VV powders per kg in the UK?

Can you buy cheaper than ....................

Vihtavuori N100 Series £40.00

Vihtavuori N500 Series £42.10

No we can't , would you like to spill the beans on your source please, I don't use any other powders and currently I have to give £58 per kilo for 100 series.

Regards Pete.

Without any special licence or trade ticket, how much powder can a person legally buy for personal and mates use?

I suppose the real question is, can I as a normal FAC owner purchase 20 kilos? :D

Any idea how much the carriage charges would be?

No you cant purchase 20 kilos buddy. A shop without a powder magazine, can only hold 25 kilos [like ourselves] and i think [not certain] an individual can only hold 5 kilos, and that includes all loaded ammo, and primers.

Those prices are trade prices and there is vat on i would guess? then section 5 transport.

Baldie

It shows prices with and without VAT and the prices I quoted include VAT.

I have loaded various cartridges for years now and have always kept between 10 and 50kg of powder in stock at any one tme and have therefore always had a licence. 2 years ago the price rose from a few quid to just over £100 for 3 years and despite the cost is still essential for my shooting so I have to pay it. Anyone else can do the same and then buy 20kg and split and sell/ share accordingly if 20kg is too much for their own consumption.

I dont know how they are doing it at that price buddy...we are paying that , trade. They must get a better deal as they shift so much. Great people to deal with by the way.

How are you managing to keep 50 kgs of powder now the law has changed? As i understand it, anything over 25 kilos has to be in a magazine, and a certain distance away from habitation, which is basically why we cant do it at the shop.

Also what are the stipulations to getting the license you have? any help would be much appreciated, as its something i,ve considered myself. Thanks.

I dont know how they are doing it at that price buddy...we are paying that , trade. They must get a better deal as they shift so much. Great people to deal with by the way.

How are you managing to keep 50 kgs of powder now the law has changed? As i understand it, anything over 25 kilos has to be in a magazine, and a certain distance away from habitation, which is basically why we cant do it at the shop.

Also what are the stipulations to getting the license you have? any help would be much appreciated, as its something i,ve considered myself. Thanks.

Hope this helps but just apply to the Police of your Trading Standards and they will help you sort through the 'mire'.

The new registration costs for 2007-08 are as follows:

First registration

One years duration £86

Two years duration £129

Three years duration £149

Renewal of storage registration

One years duration £43

Two years duration £81

Three years duration £108

IMPORTANT! You will still need an RCA document for transfers of explosives

How much explosive may be stored once registered?

No more than one of the following;

a. 30kg of any hazard explosive; or

b. 100kg of hazard type 3 explosives; or

c. 100kg of a combination of hazard type 3 explosives with explosives of hazard type 4; or

d. 250kg of hazard type 4 explosives; or

e. 250kg of small arms ammunition and percussion caps (net explosive content including primer content) and 30 kg of shooters' powder.

Cheers guys.

As Davo said, if anybody is considering buying some of this, I would purchase 5kgs of 140 and my mate would have same of 150 if you don't want all 20kgs.

Pm me if this is a possibility.

How or could we do a group buy?

Archived