Fox Calls

kip270

That man certainly knows his stuff regarding foxes :blink:

I went out with Robert a couple of years back and we got 9 :o and I missed the tenth :huh:

I`ll hunt out the carnage photo later if I get chance

Hi 325WSM,

:) That is spooky, i too went out with Robert about 3-4 years ago, i won the sealed bid in the BASC sealed bid . I missed the 1st one then shot 9 for ten shots, must of been the nerves of being with the great man ;):rolleyes:

ATB Steve

Toby I dont know what the lads use as calls but there are plenty wam calls on ebay mate minus 1 now!! I make a call by getting 2 pieces of perspex, stretching a rubber band over 1 of the bits securing it with super glue once dried make a sandwich with the other piece and tape the ends up with gaffer tape. By adjusting the gaffer tape tension and rubber band thickness you can get different results. I have used this to great effect when I done alot of lamping years ago and now that I am about to start lamping again I intend to use it again. A friend does something similar with ice lolly sticks.

That made for an interesting watch, nice find Kip.

The keeper he refers to who made the Wam is Bill Payne who worked for Paul Waites at Dorking, a true countryman and gent if ever I met one.

I must admit I am a fan of the Wam and it's simplicity, I have had all manner of callers over the years and always end up going back to the Wam.

Ian

Stevie

Interesting what he says in the vid about changing the call.We called in one field for about 10 minutes with no luck and then changed over to a raspy Hare call.Within thirty seconds there were 3 charlies running to the truck :)

With those despatched we then watched a badger try to mount the bonnet of the pick up with ideas similar ideas to reynard no doubt ;)

WSM

Archived