Cooper gets a work out.

6mmBR

Hi folks, what a wonderful evening for a strool with a rifle it was yesterday.

For the first time in 2 weeks the sun was shining and the winds were light. I managed to cut my rather long grass after 2 weeks :blink: and I finnished up in good time :P

I grabbed the Cooper a box of ammo, range finder and binoculars and jumped into the car. Luckily its only a short drive to this farm and after a chat with the farmer I was on my way.

The first shot which presented itself was a 262yd magpie which I fluffed unfortunately :( probably a bit excited to get out and about :lol:

Never mind I moved on a field or two and spotted a bunny with the bino's, out with the range finder 213yds.

Unlucky for the bunny ;) . I used my ruck sack as a bench bag (this is a very handy method) lined up and squeezed the trigger, hit number one.

DSCF0005-2.jpg

Another one fell at 114yds, the evening was warming up :P. I then came to a fence line and spied through and ranged another bunny at 159yds and got this aswell. The .223 Cooper 21 MVT was having a good night, the 52 grain Bergers are just so accurate. The only thing missing with the .223 is the WAP factor, the .22-250 Ackley Improved will sort that out :P

Strolling back to the car, as I thought 3 rabbits for 4 shots was fine and time was getting on. I spotted everyones favourite feeding in a field with the bino's :P yes one of those wonderful pigeons which explode on impact. I sneaked up to a better spot for the shot but a crow spotted me from behind and let out a distress call and spooked the woody :angry: . Luck however was on my side and the woody landed in the next field which actually presented an easier shot of 116yds. I just love that big explosion of feathers on impact :P and I was now 4/5.

DSCF0007-3.jpg

All in all an excellent evening, it was a much needed bit of therapy after a hard days work and a fortnight of crap weather.

Here's to a long summer of sunny evenings and light winds.

Cheers

Dave

Looking good there dave :angry::blink:

How nice when the weathers good to go out and even better when the farmers cut the silage :lol:

All the best...............

RAY..................... :P;)

Your right there Ray. I'm still waiting for most of our local farmers to cut sillage. This is why I picked this farm last night as he runs a dairy heard so the grass is kept pretty short.

Thats the only problem with this time of the year is the cover is so high.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Cooperman, I know the feeling, at least it's better than the 6 month wait to get one from the States :angry:

Hope all is well and let us know how it goes when you get her back.

Cheers

Dave

Hi

Well done Dave and great shooting.I was lucky to get out last night with the cooper and shoot some rabbits.Like you said it was nice to get out after all this rain.

neil

Nice shooting Dave and some quality range shots lets hope the weather keeps up for the weekend then hopefuly i can get out and do some varmint bursting

I hope so as well, with any luck I'll be off to the range tomorrow and got a session varminting booked with my mate Brian for Friday :angry:

Checked the weather so it should be OK for you guys, there giving slightly more wind for Saturday so if you can get out Friday evening may be a good bet.

Cheers

all

Dave

Guest 308Panther

Great Shootin 6mm,

There wasnt enough left to I D ....

Here we call pidgeons...Silo Ducks.

Guys,

The other half used to just hate whenever I took my 1911 in for more

work...Trigger job down to 3 lb pull,and slide cut for dovetail needed to mount tritium sights

was 3 weeks each...She swore I had a case of P.M.S. for 6 weeks...and for the most part,she was right

Pistol

Missing

Syndrome

308Panther

Guest varmartin

I was never lucky enough to own a pistol, shot a few and enjoyed it .

A Colt 45 Gold Cup and a Berreta 92 fs in 9mm if i remember correctly.

Used to melt down wheel weights and make bullets for a mechanic i used to work with.

I sure do miss them all the same.

Maybe a trip to the other side of the pond will cure that ;)

Martin

Archived