Why would anyone buy a McMillan or a Manners?

I thought Matt was right handed again?

Held this stock the other day, its very nice indeed....looking forward to the innaugral "BDGC" - brown dogs garden challenge....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you did Ewen! Pull your finger out or he won't have time to sell it before Xmas..

I do like the look of that stock but I'm with Andy, I don't like the thumb wheel adjustment. To me they look like an afterthought - no offence meant by that Edi, just my thoughts.

Its just aesthetics, im sure it doesn't detract from using the rifle.

Its an otherwise perfect stock for range, stalking tactical, competition use.

The little wheel is the least of our worries. That is easily changed to whatever is wanted.

We've made one or two stocks with a flush version. I prefer the "no tool" option for hunting.

But you are right we should have the flush version as an option. Of course left- right changeable as it is now.

The clamp is quite simple and uses an M6 screw that can easily be replaced. If the thumbwheel get's lost

a standard M6 nut can be used to fix temporarily.

edi

ps. the little plastic wheel only weighs 15grams. Some F-Class guys had replaced the wheel with a nice turned alu wheel but reverted

back to the plastic after both were weighed....

Well I like Matts stock so much, ive ordered an E Tac for my stalking rifle.

Time for a change.

Looking forwards to getting my parcel from PSE

Well I like Matts stock so much, ive ordered an E Tac for my stalking rifle.

Time for a change.

Looking forwards to getting my parcel from PSE

I've been running one for a couple of years now , it's brilliant ! 20lb tactical ergonomics , sporting rifle weight , what's not to like?

AX for hinds, comps and plinking

6.5 x 284 for longer legged items

It is a great stock.

The thumbwheel allows you to adjust the cheekpiece anywhere and anytime without tools in just 2 seconds.

I hunt in a rough area where the rifle is usually scratched, hits rocks etc... And the thumbwheel has never been a problem for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Price list can be found on the downloadable list

http://www.pse-composites.com/tikka-t3-stock.html

Ive just recieved my E Tac, with some custom adjustments, so it wouldnt be reflective to comment on the price.

I will say that I am 100% pleased and want to thank Edi for such a quick turn around less than 4 weeks from order to receiving my package on friday.

I havent shot the rifle yet as ive been too busy with other things.

i'll try and get a few pics uploaded tomorrow though,

The only area I am going to apply bedding is the recoil lug - this is simply because I had to relieve the sides as the lug on the gun wasn't the same shape as the inlet.

The rear face of the inlet is in contact with the action, so recoil forces will be transferred through the stock, but id rather have this area in full contact.

Ive already discussed this with Edi.

I wont be doing a full bed, and pillars are just not necessary with this stock due to the lay up of the stock carbon fibres - there isnt any crush when the stock screws are torqued up, the bolts simply stop turning at 45 inch lbs - the same way a pillar bedded stock does

I took delivery of the E Tac late last week and have been a bit busy since.

However, I've now fitted the stock - just required me to relieve the recoil lug sides as the lug on the rem is less tapered than the inlet.

I also bedded this with a blob of Devcon.

Ive just had a fight with my card reader for the last twenty minutes, these are the only images I could upload, (I now need a new reader as its,,,,,"beyond economic repair")

_ASC0720_zps30ed7454.jpg

Generous Barrel inlet

_ASC0722_zpsa7a48fe7.jpg

Detail of stippling and cheekpiece

_ASC0724_zpsc9ae92d6.jpg

I asked Edi to fit a short piece of rail for my Atlas in front of a standard stud to allow me a choice of Harris or Atlas

_ASC0727_zps30855fef.jpg

Bottom metal inlet is perfect for for the Willams Steel BDL metalwork, I had to make a minor adjustment to the latch which I cold blued.

_ASC0728_zpsd01818ad.jpg

I'll try and put more pictures up another way later.

Seriously impressed with the stock build quality and fit.

The weight is half that of the Manners MCS GAT it replaces and the fit for me is perfect, a blend of A5, Manners T4A with lightness and rigidity to boot, there is no and I mean no flex in the stock. The Action screws lock up as if it is pillar bedded.

May get to a range tomorrow depends on what the weathers like.

Well pleased so far.

Thanks Edi.

Was a pleasure Ronin, hope you enjoy the stock. Would be interesting to see what you think of the recoil behaviour.

The E-Tac comes out of the mould inlet for a short action remmy with a moulded recoil lug opening. This stock was converted to long action and we preferred not to mill the new lug opening too large, especially in the width.

edi

No Problem with that policy Edi, it now fits perfectly and anyone with a dremel or mill could sort the non standard lug (which mine is) in a matter of minutes.

Mine was a custom order, and I expected some minor fiddles, which were easily overcome.

Im really pleased at the unbelievable stiffness of the stock combined with the light weight.

I'll report back when I've done some testing - I don't anticipate that anything will have moved much at all…from zero.

Gary,

we have converted quite a few E-Tacs to take the T3, worked great however at an extra cost.

The prototype of the E-Tac I shaped by hand and we made a mould. In the meantime we have 3d scanned the shape and would

make cnc prototypes for an E-Tac T3 mould. This is planned but has to wait until three other projects are through.

We are also thinking of a Hybrid, rear same as E-Tac but with a narrower forend.

edi

Gary,

we have converted quite a few E-Tacs to take the T3, worked great however at an extra cost.

The prototype of the E-Tac I shaped by hand and we made a mould. In the meantime we have 3d scanned the shape and would

make cnc prototypes for an E-Tac T3 mould. This is planned but has to wait until three other projects are through.

We are also thinking of a Hybrid, rear same as E-Tac but with a narrower forend.

edi

Edi.

Any plans for an ambidextrous thumbhole variant of this stock for a Remington SA?

Regards

JCS

Archived