.338 Odin.

baldie

Finished this big fella last week and have been out with it today.

IMG_1912_zps08694fc5.jpg

IMG_1907_zpsf079dda2.jpg

This is a .338 Odin action with the larger .750" diameter bolt assembly and M14 extractor. Fixed recoil lug and CIP length.

I shoehorned it into an AI AX stock with the aid of the mill and a full bedding job.

IMG_1909_zps95573127.jpg

The barrel is a cut rifled Border at 30". Screwcut 18mmx 1 and invisible capped. Barrelled action and mod finished in H series Armour black Ceracoat.

IMG_1910_zpsff63b5ac.jpg

The trigger is a jewel.

Onto the mod. This is a custom made, muzzle mounted beast from One Less Charlie, entirely in stainless steel, and is a sealed unit.

What a performer. Perfectly comfortable without any muffs and reduces recoil to a little more than an unbraked/modded .308.

Quite stunning.

IMG_1921_zps501434f2.jpg

IMG_1920_zps3a366e52.jpg

IMG_1919_zpsde7a80cd.jpg

Best group today was .362" with 300 grain bullets and Vhit 570.

I do like the OLC cans, I was out testing a prototype reflex suppressor for OLC last weekend and it was superb, super quiet as they always are and it certainly did not upset the rifle either.

Thats the real pleasure in it for me Onehole. Seeing the look of delight on people's faces when you walk through the door with their new gun. Makes it all worthwhile.

Had a lad in today who left a scabby old surgeon with me last week. All it had was a new coat of Ceracoat, put on properly. He was like a dog with two dicks. Made my day. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived