sound moderator "good reason"

Hi all I am just after some advice I have put in for my FAC for a .308 for target shooting and listed a sound moderator for it.I have tinitious in both ears i developed after serving in the army I got a letter from the doctor saying that it would be benifical to protect my hearing from further damage and included it with my application. Would this be considered good enough reason for me to own a sound mod just interested to find out what the rest of you guys thought as I have my interview this Thursday

Thanks guys in all honesty the thought was only put in my mind after speaking to a few members of my local club who said my local firearms branch were only giving them out to dear hunters

Was that supposed to read - deaf hunters, or hunters of old dears??? lol

Thanks guys in all honesty the thought was only put in my mind after speaking to a few members of my local club who said my local firearms branch were only giving them out to dear

hunters

I would have thought it was 'prima facie' very good reason,especially with a medical support letter.

One of the advantages of a hearing disability is to disregard some of the 'advice' peddled by some club members on any number of issues-the only source of relevant advice should be your FLO and BASC ( or equivalent)-in the unlikely event of the FLO refusing,get the reason(s) in writing and contact BASC-but I do not think it will be refused,and you should experience a sympathetic response from your FLO.

Gbal

I think you'll get it no problem. It seems much easier to get moderators nowadays. I was told it was something to do with EU health and safety legislation?

Anyway I like wearing both ear plugs and ear muffs for unmoderated full bore rifles on the range.

Quote health and safety. Not the clubs responsibility but your personal liability under h&s legislation.

Mention the fact tha ad keen environmentalist you feel it's excess army to reduce ypur personal sound footprint

Mention that when competing in events that require rapid target requisition the reduced muzzle flip and felt recoil allow you to compete on a level playing field with other competitors.

Mike

you did-you have to state good reason for wanting one.its on all fac applications/variations.

Nope. Good reason for wanting my rifles, yes. No reason given for my mods and I got them without even being questioned. My FLO simply said, you want a 223 and moderator, no problem etc.

In fact, now I think about it, I didn't even list them separately, I just stated .223 and moderator in one slot.

The forms in Lincolnshire have changed since I applied though. I'm pretty sure the reason box was separate and not next to each firearm as it is now.

Quote health and safety. Not the clubs responsibility but your personal liability under h&s legislation.

Mention the fact tha ad keen environmentalist you feel it's excess army to reduce ypur personal sound footprint

Mention that when competing in events that require rapid target requisition the reduced muzzle flip and felt recoil allow you to compete on a level playing field with other competitors.

Mike

WOW..So much for predictive text...

Sorry folks

Archived