which rifle sako or blazer in 6.5x55

jimmer

Another vote for sako.

The money you save over a blaser you could put a McMillan on your sako an have change to pay for a mornings stalking.

Sure there are plenty of 85's on the shelves if you have a phone round.

Blaser off road R93 with heavier barrel.

Reasons:

1. Ongoing calibre flexibility

2. Build quality

3. No loss of zero on take down.

4. Available now

What's the sense in buying a rifle and throwing bits away? ( I do like old Sakos )

I await the incoming flak!

Blaser off road R93 with heavier barrel.

Reasons:

1. Ongoing calibre flexibility

2. Build quality

3. No loss of zero on take down.

4. Available now

What's the sense in buying a rifle and throwing bits away? ( I do like old Sakos )

I await the incoming flak!

Each to their own ;)

Blaser just seem vastly overpriced for what you get (and the straight pull isn't to my liking)

Against everybody's thoughts I bought a Blaser

R8

I've posted my favorite 308 load on this site

It shoots through the same hole if I do my bit

Alan xxx

Blaser have a couple of new stocks out. One a thumbhole synthetic and it was one of the nicest handling stocks I have had hold of.

What is the reason for the snob thing with Blaser??

Blaser have a couple of new stocks out. One a thumbhole synthetic and it was one of the nicest handling stocks I have had hold of.

What is the reason for the snob thing with Blaser??

Maybe it's just the cost-not that Sakos are bargain basement either.

As a stalking rifle,if you are unsuccessful with a Sako,your problems lie elsewhere than in the rifle.

Gbal

I only asked anyone's preference on two makes of rifle not on my shooting ability but thanks for your input

Sorry,perhaps not as well expressed as it might have been.It's a reply to the 'snob' question....not a comment on 'your' ability...rephrase:

"If anyone is unsuccessful in stalking with a Sako (or Howa or Tikka or whatever),then the main problem is probably not with the rifle."

A lot more money may buy a desireable rifle,possibly even a more comfortable one etc,(though remember 'we' are crawling around on the hill-comfort is relative,and subjective) but not a more effective one.Any aesthetic preferences will be enjoyed in the gunroom,not on the hill,but why not?

Gbal.

I own a blaser r8 success and have owned many tikkas and sakos and find the blaser to be a very compident rifle easy to shoot great accuracy out of the box and the option to change the barrel if needed

The other thing I have noticed there are not that many second hand so the people who own them keep em

Atb mark

Archived