Which reticle kahles k624i

trucraft

Really considering investing in a kahles k624i 6-24x56 for my new 7mm.

The rifle will be used mostly as longrange hunting rig and secondly for target.

I know you use one Edi on your hunting rifle. What ret are you guys using and how do you get on with it?

I know full well that these are great scope its just the choice of reticle I'm no sure about.

Thanks.

I memory serves mine was a standard mildot but my eyes dont like reticles that are very fine so i suspect you may want the finer one. Good illumination means you wont lose it in dim light for hunting.

The scope has impressed me with its fantastic value for money and decent warranty where others are priced very 'proudly' with rubbish warranty

I hear some preferring the Mil 4 reticule to the mil3, might therefore have the better re-sale value. I have the mil3 which might be the heavier version. Don't have the specs of the mil4 to hand and can't really compare.

What astonishes me about this scope is that I seem to shoot very well with it. Hunting or target. The slightly heavier reticule which is also only 5mm line thickness at 100m suits me well also for quick off-hand shot at close range deer. I also had no problems shooting clays at 600m.

Took a nice sika stag first of Sept, downhill shot 300m.and managed to scrape the spine as intended with a high lung shot so that the animal does not run.

Don't use the illumination much on the scope expect at last light.

sika1sep_zpsc8bcf510.jpg

DSCN8880_zps6c544ccc.jpg

DSCN8882_zpsdc68ca58.jpg

edi

Have a set of badger mounts. Not the lightest but seem to be well made and sturdy. Badger even sent me some spare screws after one was lost.

In the past I have had one or two bad shots that went too far back just under the spine and the animal also dropped on the spot. I like using the high lung position when the animal has to drop where it is. In this case we had no dog along.

edi

Ronin, just booked him into the freezer.....

had a look at the reticule options they offer for the 624i

MSR looks very interesting as well as the mil4, both have a 4mm at 100m thick line vs 5mm for the mil 3.

The 1/2mil spacing might be an advantage for precision work.

Looking at them I am glad that I have the mil3. Just a bit simpler.

edi

http://www.kahles.at/de/produkte/competition-k/absehen/

Off topic (well off brand) I looked through the FFP March 5-40x56 Scope while in New Mexico, 1/8th MOA ajustment and FM2 reticule which is just about as perfect a ret as ive ever seen.

Would be nice if they did a .05 mil adjustment turret.

The clarity of the optics was stunning.......

Thanx Edi,

Mil3 and mil4 look like the best for me. I think I need to get my hands on one to see if the finer ret is workable. I imagine it will be particularly with the illumination on.

Nice stag by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

WP_000126_zps2568d6b9.jpg

Picked up this bad boy on Thursday after seeing it on the shelf of my local shop. Fact that it has Mil4 ret and that they did me a sweet trade in on my old Leupold MK4 clinched it.

well chuffed, can't wait to mount it now.

Thanx for all the advice lads, holding you responsible for a large hole in my wallet :lol:

Looks a very nice piece of kit, whats the average shelf price on one of these then.

Not too many places seem to have them in stock. Uttings is your cheapest by a long way.

Quite a price diff though though when you pick up the mil4 and 3 for 1800 ish.

The dta ret looks good but it prices itself out of contention, lots of extra dough for just a different ret

I've tested the Mil 6 and found:

• Centre dot disappears against an unsettled background; best suited for paper where it offers very quick confirmation of the sight picture.
  • My default response to the above is turn on the light, but in the Mil 6 there's just so much light you loose the optical qualities. The pyramids around the dot is just soooo much brighter than the dot.
  • The lower section of the reticle doesn't correspond to the turrets.
  • Love the scope, but would never choose a Mil 6. MSR would be my preference if stalking is involved in the scope use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmNjm9V--0

Archived