Texas here I come

Elwood

Flights and hotel booked and paid for, so in early March I'm off to sunny Texas for some R&R with a few friends.

I will spending one week here http://www.tacproshootingcenter.com/index.html having a play with lots of nice things, and hopefully spending a day at Cabelas or one of the other sporting super stores.

Ian

Thanks Panther, I'm not sure I will have time for yote huntin although it would appeal.

I have two days doing the carbine course, one day pistol shooting, which I have never done before, one spare day perhaps, and I hope to have a play with AI's out to 1000 yards on the last day.

I have never done anything like this before, and I'm understandably very excited but also nervous.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I remember visiting a huge gun store in Dallas, in the mid eighties. It was called Ray's Guns and was about the size of a Tesco Super Store. Ray was a real character and his shop and he featured in the movie "Handgun". Worth a visit. If you go anywhere near Houston, there is a Pro Bass at Katy Mills.

Have a great trip.

David.

Ian, every time I have visited Pro Bass at Katy Mills at the weekend, there has been a promotion that if you apply for a Pro Bass credit card, you get a free T shirt and one time a T shirt and a watch. When I say that I live overseas, they say thats OK. I make the application, which gets turned down four weeks later and get a free T shirt. Go for it and have a great time.

David.

Archived