air rifle for a young un

nuttyspaniel

Im thinking of buying a air rifle for my nephew to use whislt out with me. Hes dirt keen and since Ive mounted the lamp on the navarajust wants to come out and use the lamp to find foxes for me to shoot. I think teaching him about safety etc as all newbies should find out is paramount thats where I think starting him off this way would be fun but informative for him. Now what should I be looking for? Im not interested in a theoban or similar just a decent rifle he could use to ping at empty cans and perhaps rats and squirrels when he is competant with it. He is only 8 and I realise that cocking and loading would be my part as well as the essential supervising. So lets have it lads can we sort him out?

The next one most kids over here had was a Crossman 760

.177 cal..does BB and Pellets...does about 600fps

Even has a dovetail for scopes too...

Runs about $100 or so (??)

308Panther

Panther I remember Saving up my pocket money to buy one of them for my fourteenth birthday, :) it cost me £35 new. For my “O” Level wood work at school I made a wooden stock and forend for it to replace the plastic on the originals. Happy days. :)

Nutty, I have a BSA Ultra Multi very small and compact, ideal for a truck gun that a wee one could use, we will get it out next time we meet…………………..Oh eeeeeeeeeeeeeer. :D

Best rgds

B-b

Archived