starlight archer

neil.

Funnily enough it doesn't seem to make any difference. I think it's far enough back to stop whatever it was reflecting off. I have gone from narrow to flood with no real change to the picture.

ATB

Have you tried side mounting the NM on the side of the scope? I'd also try taking the NM off the rifle and holding it like a lamp just to see if the picture improves.

Have you tried side mounting the NM on the side of the scope? I'd also try taking the NM off the rifle and holding it like a lamp just to see if the picture improves.

I just cant get on with my NM800, I have tried everything single battery / double battery / searcher head / side mounting / etc etc etc, I still find my NV1000 superior to everything ! so Iam going to sell my NM it will be at a reasonable price, actually I have three with all the colors etc etc. Iwas thinking of getting the high powered one advertised by NVscopes to try.

ATB

For me the NM800 glare problem was solved by mounting on the back of the scope.

I think I will just use it until something better comes along.

The laser that came with the Archer gives a clearer picture but the mount is not robust enough to withstand lying on the back seat of the wagon without needing a quick fine tune before taking the shot. It takes but a second but it is an irritation.

Lets be clear here, we are talking about nothing that would hinder a shot with the NM. I was looking at the individual twigs supporting the leaves on a tree ranged at 282m the other night. On 24 mag coupled with the 2x lens on the Archer, I could almost see the ants crawling around. :lol:

ATB

many thanks, it occurs to me that then scope bell is probably casting a shadow from the IR over the back of the mod, thus eliminating the glare. never throught to try that.

cheers big ears

many thanks, it occurs to me that then scope bell is probably casting a shadow from the IR over the back of the mod, thus eliminating the glare. never throught to try that.

cheers big ears

you got it in One ,thats why in MY post it states that I use the sun shade on my scope which throws the light past the mod thus eliminating glare from your mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of good info here guys, Ideally I'd like to find one close enough to home for a face to face deal I think, problem is I'm in west cornwall. I may have to dust the passport off and go on a road trip into England!! Unless anyone has one down this way?

• 1 month later...

Lots of good info here guys, Ideally I'd like to find one close enough to home for a face to face deal I think, problem is I'm in west cornwall. I may have to dust the passport off and go on a road trip into England!! Unless anyone has one down this way?

Hello bud I'm in launceston if u wanadoo go out one nite I've got a longbow with the nm 800 ir

Archived