What Chronograph?

Wildcat69

I am struggling to get an accurate or error free readings from my chrony F1 and to be honest I am about to shoot it as it is a real nightmare to setup specially when shooting at the local range. I am looking at 2 chronographs that seems to be the newest thing, first one the magneto and the other is the Super chrono. I shoot 32" barrel from my ftr rifle but I am curious to know if the weight of the attachment of the magneto could influence the harmonics of the barrel?

I am sure I read some stuff before but don't remember where I saw it.

Looking forward to read your experiences.

Cheers

magneto all day long ive been using one now for a while and find it easy to use and set up with very slight poa shift at extended distance

after all its designed for showing speeds as aid to load development not as a solotion

+

I've been using a Magneto for several months now. It really is fuss free and I've experienced little or no point of impact shift taking on and off thru several load tests. Barrels are 0.90 inch profile so guest it might be possible that a lighter barrel may shift more but doubt it would be a real issue

Thanks everyone, the magneto does look like really nice piece of kit. Been reading all the functions last night and it's brilliant to get SD and ES and also to upload onto a spread sheet. I do all my logging on a spread sheet so this function will work great for me.

I guess the decision has been made.

Cheers

I read with interest and they certainly look nice pcs of kit.

Here's one for all the techno buffs out there. I can see they have 2 models available V1 for up to 1" barrels and V2 for up to 2" moderators.

How much will the velocity increase if a moderator is added onto an existing barrel ? (In my case a 40mm Jet Z)

And is it worth spending an additional £100 for the V2 ?

Velocity increase I am not sure of?

But the V2 model gives you the flexibility of being able to do any size barrel or mod, plus you get a nice case and spacers.

I look at it as a on off purchase and would spend the extra money.

I've purchased the Magneto Speed V2 after reading the comments above. Looks good, won't get chance to use it until the end of the month.

Any idea what the battery life is on the unit? I checked the manual but no mention of it.

Brian

Yea I got mine yesterday and was wondering the same thing aswell. There is no battery compartment, unless I have to take the screen apart.

From US forum site ref battery etc: "From manual-

Remove two screws on battery case,pull case halves apart,change 4AAA batteries,close and screw finger tight".

Hope that helps?

gbal

No idea but its always a good idea to carry some spares. I've used mine on about 10 range days and the batteries are still good.

Thanks, sounds good enough. Off down to Bisley at the end of the month and I'm sure a few of my clubmates will want to play with it as well.

Brian

After seeing a MagnetoSpeed V2 in use for the first time at last weekends shoot, it has certainly been added to my wish list.

Cheers Gbal! I am hoping to go to Bisley as well next weekend but I need check if anyone wants to join from my club. Hey Walkabout fancy going?

If your rifles are also on for field use, you could aways come up as a group to the Roundhouse to practice on steels & paper - a lot closer and cheaper than Bisley....Drop me a pm if interested.

Hi Tiff, I am only going to Bisley for a good training sess. I have just started shooting ftr and still have lots to learn. But maybe if anyone else wants to go, I would be keen!

Ok mate,,,,off to work in a mo,,,,,,think we should go up to Tiffs soon,,,,catch you later,,,,D

Archived