6 x 47 Odin.

Just finished this sweetie today.

This is a 6 x 47 Lapua , built on a single shot, left port , right bolt Valkyrie Odin. The bolt is tight toleranced and has helical fluting and a ball knob. Its running a small firing pin also.

IMG_1577_zps4bc3f9e4.jpg

Its also got the new style 20 MOA dowelled rail.

IMG_1582_zpsd37a14e5.jpg

IMG_1583_zps18acd5d4.jpg

IMG_1588_zps9403a9e5.jpg

IMG_1587_zps1b98824a.jpg

Customers own serial number is just one of the many options on this action.

The barrel is a Bartlien heavy varmint , finished at 28" and screwcut 18mm x 1 with an invisible thread cap and dished crown.

IMG_1585_zpsc539b989.jpg

The entire barrelled action is polished.

Trigger is a Jewel and its an ADL guard in silver duracoat.

Onto the stock.

This was a second hand A5 that was left handed. I,ve converted it to right hand bolt and done away with the left bolt slot and ejection port.

What initially looked to be a reasonable condition....wasn't. The stock required a lot of work to get fit to paint. Its fully bedded also.

IMG_1589_zpsa27dddad.jpg

The paint is a black base overlaid with silver marble . Then several layers of Cobalt blue candy . This was followed by 8 coats of 2 pack clear with a wet flat between each 2 coats.

A final wet flat and 3 hours of hand polishing.

IMG_1586_zps82b09ece.jpg

One of those special guns that that is truly deserving of the tag "custom ' . There isn't another like it.

Incredible that any of the photos came out without glare off all the shiny bits. B)

Not my cup-a-tea but can appreciate the level of skill and effort involved to produce a beauty like this.

Nice work.

Thats a job and half there Dave!

apart from the custom side of the rifle its a really nice cartridge to shoot i have one and its a treat to load for and shoot.

mine also wears a bartlein 1-8 @30" use it for mid range f-class.

did you throat for a specific bullet? with the end cap i take it its going to be wearing a moderator at some point?dare the customer take it in the field?

you will have to get your lucky punter to let us know about his load development and how it shoots .

WELL DONE.

Just noticed the harris-aggh!

Hi Gary,

No, its not throated for anything specific. The gun also has a Jet-z as part of the package.

The harris is the shop bike....every gun gets a ride on it ........ :lol:

• 1 year later...

Small primer in brass case, prevents crushing/piercing

....and some brass has a smaller ignition hole,so depriming needs slightly smaller decap pin-manufacturers supply such,though of course not a firing pin issue-just something else to be aware of...

g

ISmall primer in brass case, prevents crushing/piercing

Would that not be the contrary with a smaller pin eg the piercing , sorry not trying to be argumentative just trying to understand the reasons , cheers

Small pin makes a smaller, and much better supported dent in the primer. It does,t moves as much brass. Its also a much better fit in the firing pin hole due to it being custom made.

thx Dave :)

for the 6.5x47 lapua brass to form the 6x47 you need a br decapping pin this should come with the dies you use just check first before using it as it will get stuck /come out .

To anyone out there considering either 6x47 Lap or one of Dave's builds (or both!), this thing is a hammer. I have been so pleased with it.

It's favourite 105 berger hybrids arrived recently and i've been out bothering gongs and vermin again- such a great bit of kit.

To anyone out there considering either 6x47 Lap or one of Dave's builds (or both!), this thing is a hammer. I have been so pleased with it.

It's favourite 105 berger hybrids arrived recently and i've been out bothering gongs and vermin again- such a great bit of kit.

Glad to hear positive feedback on the rifle, :wub: This rifle has inspired my build colour wise. To be built on an A3 in 6.5x47L, Valhalla, right bolt, left port repeater, Pacnor Sendero 26", polished with visible thread cap :P ...cant wait to see what the gun shoots and looks like... hopefully Baldie will share some info for all on the build once its complete....

Archived