Accuracy International AX Bipod

The new AI bipod is made from a lightweight alloy and has the spigot attachment like the older PH style ones. The legs go backwards or forwards and lock when vertical. There is a lock on the underside to tighten up the pan / tilt but it doesn't lock it down hard and still allows slight movement - this was what the customers who drove the design requested. They go from approx. 6" to 9" on the leg extensions. The bipods are in production and available (part # 6730) and if going on an AX it needs the spigot adapter that fits on the forend tube. If you are ever at the Offas Dyke Rifle club shoots at Llansilin you can try out mine on my AX rifle.

Tom, Alice,

Thanks. Yes, the legs look just like the bottom half of an L96 bipod (interesting step?!).

Are either of you able to put up a few more photos?

Is the spigot adapter included with the bipod or an ‘extra’ – I’d assume that as it’s sold for the AX it’s included – but that has the ‘assume’ word in it!

[side question: how’s availability on AX AICS 10 round magazines?]

Hopefully these photos will help show more detail. The bipod is available in black. You are right about the similarities to the old L96 bipod . The AX adapter is available separately because you don't need it if you are putting the bipod on an AW or AE with the spigot hole, you only need it for the AX rifle. Whether it is sold as part of the retail AX rifle package - you would have to ask Sporting Services on that one.
Ref magazines, we are making them as fast as we can! Demand is high all over the world - we have ramped up production hugely and are catching up.

post-10245-0-34561800-1371744266_thumb.jpg

post-10245-0-68858600-1371744444_thumb.jpg

post-10245-0-41663900-1371744456_thumb.jpg

post-10245-0-97274600-1371744470_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

One has to wonder - can the spigot be removed entirely and the bipod be used on a reverse mount (i.e. I already have a spigot sticking out of my forend)? That would be great if it could be used as an in-line design close to the bore even on a non-AI chassis.

Archived