Chromite/Zircon Sand

I'm looking for heavy sand (as the title implies) for my SEB rear bag. I cannot locate any in Gloucestershire, having tried various local foundries. Does anyone know where there is a supply near my county or near Diggle?

John Winter - Halifax

John Winter & Co Limited
P.O Box 21
Washer Lane
Halifax
West Yorkshire
England
HX2 7DP

Tel : +44 (0)1422 364213
Fax : +44 (0)1422 330493

e-mail: sales@johnwinter.co.uk This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

I'm looking for heavy sand (as the title implies) for my SEB rear bag. I cannot locate any in Gloucestershire, having tried various local foundries. Does anyone know where there is a supply near my county or near Diggle?

Mark - John Winter will post it to you. Obviously, it's heavy but go for a bag of Chromite - it's half the price. You will easily sell the remainder at Diggle.

Have just got some online, about £33.00 for 25KG delivered, more than I'm likely to need.

Woops, I've got a 25kg bag on its way from the supplier Vince and Bruce mentioned.

Woops, I've got a 25kg bag on its way from the supplier Vince and Bruce mentioned.

Mark-Garys is after some sand for a rear bag im sure he would buy some off you next 100yd br meet.

Mark-Garys is after some sand for a rear bag im sure he would buy some off you next 100yd br meet.

I'll set some aside for him. Thanks for the heads up.

Have just got some online, about £33.00 for 25KG delivered, more than I'm likely to need.

Hi John,,,if you have some spare ,,,would like to buy some from you? drop it down Zelah next time your down?no hurry for this,,thanks David.

My sand arrived yesterday and the delivery guy put it in garage for me. "Please be quick" he said as I was opening the door, "this is bl***y heavy". I didn't give it a thought until I went to fill my SEB rear bag this morning. I couldn't believe the weight of the box it was in. It was about the size of two shoe boxes so I had a pre-conceived idea of its weight. Was I wrong! I almost did my back in.

Needless to say the rear bag is very, very stable now. :blink:

Hi John,,,if you have some spare ,,,would like to buy some from you? drop it down Zelah next time your down?no hurry for this,,thanks David.

No problem, hope to get down to Zelah next week, probably Thursday.

• 5 years later...

Archived