groups and dope

kent

Gbal, out of curiousity, what sort of calibres are used in this discipline, is it a "bring what you got" shoot or specific calibre and above?Regards.

It's quite a mix.Some foxers eg will bring relatively modest kit,it really is quite informal,and fun.There is no queue for autographs for anyone who does actually hit the egg!Most see it in perspective. But there are plenty of Fclass rifles,6.5 and 7 mm,in whatever versions are currently rightly fashionable.Some go for max points at the shorter ranges with ppc,but they will lose out over the full course of fire,as Diggle and tricky wind tend to co- occur! The better shooters time and again are among the top places overall.6BR can do well on good days,There will be some out and out 1000yard heavieserhaps,but the good 7s will not give much away to them at 500 yards,if at all.

Anything sensible really,a sense of fun and a thick skin if you get lucky on the egg.The gopher stages are quite competitive,though.

It's a reality check,in both directions-what is and isn't typical in mid range field like shooting.

Gbal

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronny "One shot one kill" is Hollywood hype. Don't get taken in.

Snipers work in pairs and one of the spotters job, is to call the shot.

Don't be fooled by the CH story. He might have needed to make adjustments but he was engaging so far out of his rifles effective range this was always going to be the case. What he accomplished was staggering.

ATB

PS BD is the real deal mate. ;)

BD: Don Coreolis,godfather.Respect.

Gbal

BD.....Looking forward to your reply,

I would take up your challenge of a battle of wits; but I see you're unarmed.... and life's too short.

Other than that:

'Hillbilly' references? Re-read the post by chosenman to which it's replying. No broader assertion is made nor implied. Your misplaced e-indignation is tiresome in the extreme..

I am sure you could teach me loads.

Nope. I suspect I couldn't.

There,s a few "hillbillies" down here in Cornwall that will never be adle to afford "kit" or "time" or just plain old "afford" what it takes to get up there and compete in official comps,,,fun or serious,,, whatever,,,, miles away from home,,, they have work committments and pressures some of you will never experience but they love their shooting and know their gear inside out ,their ability ,and a very very good understanding of ballistics and how conditions can influence the shot.Some have tasted the disiplines on a local 600 yard range where there have been many a raised eyebrow from the "club guys" when medals have been handed out to hillbillies who cleared a 300,500 and 600 yard comp where max possible scores have been acheived and on one occcasion two hillbillies with max V bulls too!!! One shot a PPC!! the other a 6BR.

There is talent undiscovered,unknown and unchallenged out there in all walks of life ,,I take my hat off to anyone that stands out of the crowd,,Onehole.

I would take up your challenge of a battle of wits; but I see you're unarmed.... and life's too short.

Other than that:

'Hillbilly' references? Re-read the post by chosenman to which it's replying. No broader assertion is made nor implied. Your misplaced e-indignation is tiresome in the extreme..

Nope. I suspect I couldn't.

ouch :lol::lol::rolleyes:

Onehole, I couldn't agree with you more and good luck to your kinda hillbilly (no disrespect ment) However your shooters obviousy know their stuff and have proved their metal in competition. You see people with natural talent in all walks of life and they are to be commended.

Others on the otherhand that have little talent and less experience go on to tell true experts how its done. They then wonder why they get short shrift, go figure?

Archived