PM

Devil_bri

can't comment on the scope I don't have one. But first thing that I'd ask is what does it do without the new mod. my mod doesn't move POI by more than a few inches a 100 yds compared to no mod.

Is the ASE a replacement for another mod or new threading job and mod?

Did you have the scope out of the mounts altogether? Is there a chance your 20moa rail is on back to front? Only reason I can think of why you would have that amount of zero shift.

Mike

5 feet at 100yds is 60 MOA, so there's more to it than installation error, unless you've got something very wrong with the rings/rail!

Did you shoot several sighters all 5 feet high in a group or did you stop after 1 or 2?

As suggested above, take off the mod and see what happens then.

OK, so are you saying it's now shooting 5 feet higher at 100yds than it was before with the same scope etc., and the only thing that's changed is that you had a new moderator to try but that even with the moderator off it's still shooting higher than it was before?

What type of rings are you using?

You should have 260 clicks elevation, factory setting would be mid point, ie 130 clicks in.

My sl5 changes poi by 14cm elevation on my AI, no windage difference.

Do you have a canted rail on the rifle thats possibly backward. I say this as my freind brought a s&b 12-50 pm11 and also a dta which came with a canted one piece mount which had a arrow pointing to the muzzle. we joked and asked if he knew which end the muzzle was, he laughed and pointed to the butt. Mounted the scope and couldnt get it any closer than about four foot high @ 100 yards. took it back home, stripped it and discover that the one piece mount was labeled backwards, and proved it by measureing it.

Atb Matt hope you get it sorted

If i'm reading this right you have a 5 feet poi change with the mod fitted - thats huge! Are you sure the bullet isn't clipping the mod? Try shooting without the mod off to check your original poi, this will tell you if the scope is fitted correctly. Then retry with the mod on and look on the mod for signs of the bullet clipping the exit hole.

Try one thing at a time until you finaly find out what the cause is - don't do several changes at once or you won't know what works and what doesn't.

Archived