User thoughts on S&B 3-20 PM2?

brown dog

Well i called Germany this morning and was apologised to and told it will be done this week and returned next week. The call was well handled and very civil and i shall wait with a smile until it is back in my hands as promised, i never count my eggs before they hatch.

I was also told there will be no cost at that contrary to my original enquiry the warranty will be honoured, not the new two year deal i was told would apply to it.

If Schmidt can prove first class qc and customer service they will be a hard product to beat but IF is a big word?

I am waiting to see how the new 5-20 ultra short works. To me it has the perfect power , in a compact package, low profile turrets and i have seen somewhere that 10 years guarantee.

2 years is a short time, looks like they dont trust their product to last more without problems¿

• 2 weeks later...

Back on the issue. S &B are selling this scope with the possibility of cross use on a number of rifles given the mag range. Has anyone experience of using this Scope on a number of rifles or for different use ?

I regularly test rifles and consequently swap scope back and forth between guns on a regular basis. My 5-25 is set up, zeroed (turrets and zero stop) on the 20 MOA rail on my 260 but when I need to nick it for another test gun I just pop it on and off with a torque wrench from one picatinny rail to another (I never take it out of its mounts) and just zero it. When it was finished with, I just swapped it back and hey presto, always within my ability to lay down a cold bore shot on MY OWN RIFLE. It was this consistency that showed up a fault that was very subtle, hence why it went back to zGermans after IWA and I finally collected it from York Guns today (big thank you to York Guns for getting it sorted, the German end is the one running slowly). They DID honour the warranty after initially being sceptical about the terms and age of the scope, no shipping costs either apart from me sending it to York. Although not shot yet, has been on my test rig and performs correctly, I will hopefully get to check zero on Sunday before the McQueens at Diggle and get back to having MY OWN gun to use when I wasn't to shoot for my own purposes. I seem to remember reading somewhere a long time ago that they always return them with the dials set exactly as they were before repair although since I had it out of the rings, I have put it back in a set of Third Eye tactical ones so it matches my other guns (tart).

So, hm..............Other than taking a long time, I have got back my scope and am so far happy all is correct. I would still like to see a full uk importer, holding stock of the scopes but it certainly seems like York Guns, the original importer and are standing by their customers and I can only assume the likes of Sporting service, Sportsman et al will take up this new business plan of dealing direct from the factory and although some custom orders may take longer, I have been assured the quality is the same as it used to be and the customer service is returning back to its old ways, a bit slow but a good job done in the end!

They do make bloody good scopes, some features seem a bit meaningless and overly complicated (new turrets for example) but there ar3e no perfect scopes and for my use, these fill all the spaces although I'm very keen on the Kahles as the warranty and pricing are very attractive. it is the only one that I would buy as it fits my needs optically, mechanically and price wise.

edit to say, I have also done this with 4-16 (FFP) and 12.5-50 (2FP) PMII's as well with no problem.

Hatzi, thanks. As a S & B virgin I am looking forward to finding out myself as I collect it Friday morning ! The AE that it will spend most time on is taking a little while longer to get hold of ( end of September )

Hatzi, thanks. As a S & B virgin I am looking forward to finding out myself as I collect it Friday morning ! The AE that it will spend most time on is taking a little while longer to get hold of ( end of September )

1011012_10151498226036194_549528_n.jpg

Just got my first S & B !!! Excellent service from Tom at Sporting Services. First impressions :

1 Bloody big and quite heavy !

2 Turrets really need to loosen up as they are really stiff

3 Glass quality is superb to my untrained eye

4 Overall build quality is superb ( except the scrap of cardboard rolled around it in the box ! )

The third eye unimount is great and of the usual high standard.

Seeing as I have to wait until September for the AE that it will sit on I will play with it on the .223 AR and the .22 AR !

Overall very happy so far !

Archived