Stalking without a rifle....

LR Chris

So, out here in Germany without a bangstick I went stalking with the Nikon...
This little beauty presented herself during a very quiet walk througth the woods...

roedeer_zps3f884783.jpg

Nice picture, was looking for the guy in realtree gear- reminiscent of the lighting they use in their adverts or something? Its a nice country in parts, looks like you found yourself in one of those parts

Nice picture, was looking for the guy in realtree gear- reminiscent of the lighting they use in their adverts or something? Its a nice country in parts, looks like you found yourself in one of those parts

Thanks, Loads of High seats for hunting but never seen/heard one in use...(shame loads of deer)

I liked the light effect on the leaf's in the first pic, I have another pic (below) of a high seat with the woods in the background & looking at it now it looks unreal.. Like a camo paint job...

The countryside is the bonus to being here, virtually unspoilt.. :-)

DSC_0102_zps650ac706.jpg

Thanks for posting these lovely images Chris.

Any more ?

Thanks, Loads of High seats for hunting but never seen/heard one in use...(shame loads of deer)

I liked the light effect on the leaf's in the first pic, I have another pic (below) of a high seat with the woods in the background & looking at it now it looks unreal.. Like a camo paint job...

The countryside is the bonus to being here, virtually unspoilt.. :-)

DSC_0102_zps650ac706.jpg

yes, traveling along the roads those high seats aint half common on the woodland edges- many look fairly dodgy to shoot from as regards location of those main roads. it sure beats endless Sitka plantations, something we will graduate to in the future here perhaps?

yes, traveling along the roads those high seats aint half common on the woodland edges- many look fairly dodgy to shoot from as regards location of those main roads. it sure beats endless Sitka plantations, something we will graduate to in the future here perhaps?

I agree, some are a tad rickety to say the least...

Another for Ronin (since he asked)

I spotted some Roe in the field, I manage to sneak up to a good position without alerting them & then this cheeky little bugger just trotted out between us without a care in the world...

fox_zps96e3a182.jpg

I agree, some are a tad rickety to say the least...

Another for Ronin (since he asked)

I spotted some Roe in the field, I manage to sneak up to a good position without alerting them & then this cheeky little bugger just trotted out between us without a care in the world...

DSC_0114a_zpsae97b180.jpg

Take a gun next time !!!

that first pic looks so perfrct its almost looks fake ! Nature at its best ... atb .. tim...

post-11882-0-01435100-1474746265_thumb.jpeg

Lovely pics Chris, thanks for posting them, do you have any more and just as a matter of interest, whats the spec of your Nikon camara?

Lovely pics Chris, thanks for posting them, do you have any more and just as a matter of interest, whats the spec of your Nikon camara?

Not as good as those...

It's a Nikon 5100, those were taken with a Nikkor 300mm AF, not had it that long...

The winter wasn't very good for getting out, a tad chilly... but I'll be out again soon.

Thanks for the comments

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here you are from a couple of years ago, its wonderful to get up close, take the photo and melt away without disturbance.

RoeDoe.jpg

I like that pic :-)

I just had mine made into Xmas cards with Truprint :-)

• 2 years later...

Take a gun next time !!!

that first pic looks so perfrct its almost looks fake ! Nature at its best ... atb .. tim...

Bump and took this bad quality pic on iphone held against my zeiss bins lol , some reason its sideways , and it wont load normal way up . Its a nice roe buck in the distance early evening . Not seen any for a while .

Take a gun next time !!!

that first pic looks so perfrct its almost looks fake ! Nature at its best ... atb ..

post-11882-0-40412300-1474748766_thumb.jpeg

Archived