Heres one for you..

1967spud

Does diggle on average do more group shooting or shooting for score in its bench rest dates?

Does diggle on average do more group shooting or shooting for score in its bench rest dates?

im well aware of that Hatzi but i was wondering which calibre would be more usable through the year at diggle as its seems it going to be a home range before too long

Spud

We only shoot 100 yard BR at Diggle and it is all group shooting, so if you are going to invest, put your money into a 6PPC.

Seriously it's the way to go, 30BR if it was for score, but thats not what we do!

Cheers

Bruce

Spud

Remember it's got to weigh in at under 10 1/2 lbs all up, no mean feet.

LV profile barrel will weigh in at 5lbs etc, so be careful with the weight otherwise it will get swollowed up rather quickly.

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Mark

For Short range (100 & 200 yards) the weight limits are

Light Varmint - 10.5lbs

Heavy Varmint - 13.5lbs

If you are getting a gun built, build it to Light Vramint spec, the reason is simple......

You can shoot a LV gun in a HV comp, but not the other way round.

In the UK we all shoot 1 class (due to numbers) HV, but most of us have LV rifles as if we shoot abroad, you would shoot 4 comps in a championship

100 yard LV

100 yard HV

200 yard LV

200 yard HV

Hence a LV rifle would be more saleable if you ever choose to get rid of it.

Vince wrote a good page on the UKBRA website about a typical build, but weight is really important, all my PPC rifles have the action glued in to the stock as it saves weight on action screws (every little counts).

Feel free to have a look at my rifle in a couple of weeks at Diggle.

There is a LV rifle for sale on this forum by Ballistol, £1500 if memmory serves me right complete with scope.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bruce

ive sent a question bruce im guessing the stock will need changing for a more dedicated br type

Feel free to have a look at my rifle at Diggle in a couple of weeks [mole-e30]

Hah - just yesterday I looked at the PSSA calendar and thought:

"Wow! first Diggle BR weekend of the year in only two weeks time (6/7th April) - summer is nearly here!"

Then I thought ..... "Summer? What's gone wrong?"

:(:huh::ph34r:

Archived