falcon optics

reloaderdan

hi guys i was looking at the falcon optics web site and was wondering if any one had any knowlage or had used the menace 4 x 14 x 44 in ffp here is a link http://www.falconoptics.com/menace4-14x44FFP.php

thought it looked a nice scope and just wanted to know what you all thought :lol:

Sorry Dan i've not had any experience with these scopes. I was looking through a Hawke 6 - 24 x 50 yesterday and was quite impressed by it's clarity. Having said that, you never really know how a scope is going to work out till you get it on the rifle and onto the range or field. I've lost count of the scopes i've bought over the years that looked great when peeking through them leaning up against the gunshops door looking at some roof or telegraph pole less than 100 yds away.

So you buy it, mount it,(careful Vim... :) ) get it down on the range and the eye relief is rubbish at full mag or you get fringing that you didn't notice in the shop. If a variable, you realise just how stiff that adjustment is and the adj objective is mega stiff too so you have to shift position to move it... :lol:

Shame you cant try before you buy unless the scope is second hand and you know the seller well.

Cant see a way out of the dilema really. So i guess i'd better order that Leupold and hope that it'll work out for me.. Even my Nightforce has crap eye relief at full mag..

Simmons master series apparently have the most generous eye relief in the industry. Their new prohunter boasts up to 4.25" of eye relief throughout the mag range...mmm maybe i should try one.. My wife is gonna kill me just for thinking about it !!! Look out for my ad in the for sale section soon... :)

Sorry Dan.. i've hijacked your thread mate.... carry on... :lol:

Archived