.22LR military clones

Si-Snipe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I Have a Heckler & Koch D416 with the 16 inch barrel, it shoots standard velocity cci ammo and easily does 3/4 inch groups at 60 metres. I've just got some cci minimags to run through it on Sunday but after trying a few and owning a GSG5 I would highly recommend it, And its cheap shooting!!

A guy at my club has/had a CMMG AR15 in .22lr Last weekend, he fed it CCI stingers and for some reason they weren't chambering fully and the base of the case was blowing out. He didn't notice for some reason and eventually the extractor went out of the ejection port with one of the exploded cases.

I'm not sure if it was the rifle or the ammo.

A guy at my club has/had a CMMG AR15 in .22lr Last weekend, he fed it CCI stingers and for some reason they weren't chambering fully and the base of the case was blowing out. He didn't notice for some reason and eventually the extractor went out of the ejection port with one of the exploded cases.

Stingers aren't made with a standard .22LR case, they're longer. Combine that with a tighter than average chamber and the guy at your club appears to have bumbled into a headspace (base of the cartridge extending beyond the chamber)/over pressure (bullet jammed in lands) situation.

The ammunition importer wont want to know,so my first line of enquiry would be with the proof house! Don't hold your breath though!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a S&W MP&15-22 Performance Centre - so far 2200 rounds and no stoppages, it runs like a sewing machine, is easy to strip and clean, the last round bolt hold open never fails, plus it handles subsonics no problem.

:)

Of all the off the shelf .22 AR-a-likes I tried, including the CMMG, Sig 522, Anschutz MSR RX22 and regular mp-15-22 it had by far the best trigger. That with the uber reliable bolt hold open for mag changes swung it for me.

It is mostly made of polymer of course, which some people don't like, but it works for me and my lady finds the light weight easier to handle.

My 10/22 doesn't see much use on the range now!

Hello

Big fan of 22 rimfire

Just put a nearly new Anschutz MSR up for sale

Shocking trigger

One plastic unchagable lump lower

Not threaded

Had to use a bolt on scope height rail

Only cycled on HV

Accuracy not too bad

Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Performance now on order

Heavy fluted threaded barrel

Trigger can be worked on

Can fit extras

Any tips

Regards

Alan xxx

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Umerex HK MP 5 ( built by Walther) with 25 round magazines that shoots 1/2 inch groups ay 25 yards with an EoTech and 3x magnifier. Lots of cheaper fun. Fortunately, I purchased 7500 of CCI miniMag rounds in November 2012.

I also have a Kriss Super V SBR which is a kick, shooting 45 cal pistol rounds accurately out to 100 yards with EoTech with 3X magnifier. With folding stocks would definitely be a room clearing CQ combat weapon. Little muzzle rise due to unique bolt recoil design!

I've fired Stingers through my CMMG upper and there was no issue. I've just inspected the fired cases and they're all good.

Unless, of course, the ammo you use was sourced from the USA ;).

I think people in the US were buying any ammo they could find at one stage because there was a lack of it to go around thats not the case here even when there was a shortage over there i was still able to get what ever i wanted either through my local club or RFD.

Of coarse thats just my personal experiance

^^ man that's not fair!! We can only dream of kit like that over here!

Here's my SBR Kriss Super V 45cal. It runs Glock 45cal mags-13 rounds, has extensions to accommodate up to 20 rounds. Good accuracy and punch to 100 yards. 5.5 inch barrel. Many great YouTube videos available, if you search.

20140517_123139_resized_zps1b911d10.jpg

Here she is folded. Just need to find the right holster for concealed carry :)

20140517_123201_resized_zps1617cb29.jpg

Archived