Is there a Practice session on Friday at Diggle, please Vince

dorg

Hi Les

Dad's Volvo has been substituted for my 4x4 so we should be OK.

If you need ferrying up to the range then give me a bell and I can provide Toon Taxi's :P

I am not on the GBFCA ring around list yet, so if you hear anything, let me know as I wont be leaving the frozen North (Allendale) until 5pm tomorrow.

Told you benchrest is easier..... no need to worry about getting cold and wet, we sit in the dry (civilised we are) :D

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Bruce, I intend to stay at the Grains Barn hotel just a mile or so from Denshaw, so if I hear anything (good or bad) I will text you ok. If I do need a lift and cannot get up to the range I will ring you and ask for a lift, but I will try to get as close as possible. Benchrest - a discipline for the girlie shooters :D

Match Cancelled!!

According to the locals, the snow is falling heavily and being driven by strong winds, with no prospect of stopping today.

So, even if a handful of guys got there with snow tyres and 4x4s, the match would not be viable.

We will reschedule the AGM for another time.

So, another day at work instead.....Arrrggghhh!!!!

:(:(:(

Hi Ian,

Not only is Diggle's calendar pretty full, so are all the other venues, so finding a new date would be nigh impossible, without it clashing with other events. The only 'gap' in the League calendar is in August, but that's for a good reason; the FCWCs.

Cheers,

Des.

The roads around Diggle are perfect but there could be some drifting on the access lane up to the range. Snow is forecast tomorrow (Sat) though.

Always one to be optimistic, but if there is any chance of a shoot (fun/practice etc at 500/600yds) on saturday or sunday then I would be quite willing to give it a go.

My gear is ready and have gun willing to travel.

Can you let us all know if it has legs or a definite non starter and not worth getting out of bed for Vince.

Cheers, Les

Always one to be optimistic, but if there is any chance of a shoot (fun/practice etc at 500/600yds) on saturday or sunday then I would be quite willing to give it a go.

My gear is ready and have gun willing to travel.

Can you let us all know if it has legs or a definite non starter and not worth getting out of bed for Vince.

Cheers, Les

If you just want a shoot at 600 yds, I would suggest that Sunday would be the safest bet - snow forecast tomorrow (Sat). AS the range is booked all weekend for 600 yd - we could shoot under cover!

I will check the weather over the hills tonight if reasonable I'll be there. What time, do you have facilities to cook some bacon for butties if I bring some.

Guys - I think we will have to forget Diggle this weekend. I live five miles away and I've no chance of getting down my drive - snow is three feet deep in places.

I suspect there will be some substantial drifts on the road up to the range making access impossible.

Hi All. Just had confirmation and also a photo of the conditions of the road from the Diggle hotel to the range.

Basically do not bother even trying to attempt it. Gary Costello tried in his 4x4 and could not make it, plus he told me that another 4x4 had to be towed out of the drifts by a tractor. He said the main roads were ok(ish), but anything after the Diggle hotel resembled the north pole with 3ft snowdrifts.

Oh Bugger!!!

I think 'Oh Bugger!' sums the situation up perfectly Les. What a shame.

What an irony too that your good mate the other Les (Holgate) is off spending his hard-earned cash skiing somewhere abroad when he could have driven down to Diggle and got as good an experience there!

Archived