Is there a Practice session on Friday at Diggle, please Vince

dorg

Is there a practice session at Diggle on Friday for the F class boys. If so what time does it start please. Sure Vince will let us know.

Is there a practice session at Diggle on Friday for the F class boys. If so what time does it start please. Sure Vince will let us know.

Les Holgate (organiser) is away but I'll find out today if anyone will be up. It's all at 600 yards so does anyone really need practice/zero?

I have just seen the weather forecast, being new to F class,what are the possibilities of the weekend being cancelled do to the weather. Sure looks grim.

A good question I would also like to know.

Also will we need snow shovels and skies over the weekend

Cheers

Dave

A good question! I hope the Met Office is in its usual cover its rear mindset, but if the current forecast is anywhere near correct Friday and Saturday look terrible with a snow warning for the area, in fact wider for the whole region and especially the Pennines. 'Feels Like Temperatures' of minus 6 to 8 at 1200 Friday, Saturday, Sunday and East are forecast with wind gusts running at 48 mph Sat + Sun, 54 mph Fri at Marsden, the nearest location on the weather map to Diggle (just over the hill top looking down the range and left ~ 5miles away)

The local BBC TV weather forecaster is saying the same thing with a warning of 'Blizzard conditions and heavy drifting for the Pennines in the strong winds' for Friday and Saturday.

Easterly wind = in your face with some deflection from either right or left depending on how it curves around the hillside behind the butts. It's going to be 'challenging' even if it doesn't snow. The forecasters often overstate the conditions for this area, so it's fingers crossed, but really warm clothing plus waterproofs are going to be even more essential than usual for Diggle shoots this weekend.

Laurie

I am packing snorkel and flippers then :D

Looks like we could get cold and wet!

Just got this from the Met Office for Uppermill

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/uppermill#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1363996800

Cheers

Bruce

id better bring a coat then. I have some 1967spud ski accessories. IWhat about a meal out on the sat evening if anybody would like to come even ftr shooters we arnt picky. :P

Laurie

I am packing snorkel and flippers then :D

Looks like we could get cold and wet!

Just got this from the Met Office for Uppermill

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/uppermill#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1363996800

Cheers

Bruce

That really doesn't look good!

The good old British weather strikes again.

Cheers and see you up there!

Dave

Due to the weather forecast, I shall now only be bringing my suncream factor 12 and not my usual factor 8.

Do not come crying to me saying the back of your necks / legs are sunburnt, and can I borrow some of my suncream.

You have been warned!!

In previous matches @ Diggle it has usually been possible to have a few fouling/sighting shots on the Friday - here's hoping.

The forecast looks pretty horrendous, but thankfully I've got snow tyres. (they're truly amazing - I strongly recommend them).

So come hell or high water I will be there with the squadding details and stuff.

See you all tomorrow.... :)

In previous matches @ Diggle it has usually been possible to have a few fouling/sighting shots on the Friday - here's hoping.

The forecast looks pretty horrendous, but thankfully I've got snow tyres. (they're truly amazing - I strongly recommend them).

So come hell or high water I will be there with the squadding details and stuff.

See you all tomorrow.... :)

I admire your Dunkirk spirit.

It will be a good opportunity to have a team meet and the AGM

Will see you in the Italian

Cheers

Dave

id better bring a coat then. I have some 1967spud ski accessories. IWhat about a meal out on the sat evening if anybody would like to come even ftr shooters we arnt picky. :P
spud-you dont need a coat-all you norfolk boys have body hair like a yeti !

Good luck to those that are competing[if it goes ahead]if not you can sledge down the hills and have a snowball fight!

Due to the weather forecast, I shall now only be bringing my suncream factor 12 and not my usual factor 8.

Do not come crying to me saying the back of your necks / legs are sunburnt, and can I borrow some of my suncream.

You have been warned!!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

I can confidently predict that sun-block is the one thing I won't bring on Saturday! Dark glasses to prevent snow-blindness, maybe. (Now ... there's a possible new addition to the Great Diggle Book of F-Class Excuses. "I would have hit the target occasionally, but was suffering from a severe derioration in vision due to snow-blindness." I like it!)

Just saw the BBC Look North (Leeds) regional weather forecast. There is some doubt as to how far north the worst of the snow will come tomorrow. There will be a more definitive statement after the 10pm news, We may avoid the worst of it - fingers crossed tight time again.)

:) :) :) :) :) :)

I can confidently predict that sun-block is the one thing I won't bring on Saturday! Dark glasses to prevent snow-blindness, maybe. (Now ... there's a possible new addition to the Great Diggle Book of F-Class Excuses. "I would have hit the target occasionally, but was suffering from a severe derioration in vision due to snow-blindness." I like it!)

Just saw the BBC Look North (Leeds) regional weather forecast. There is some doubt as to how far north the worst of the snow will come tomorrow. There will be a more definitive statement after the 10pm news, We may avoid the worst of it - fingers crossed tight time again.)

Ok, I guess that suncream was being optimistic Laurie, so I will bring my skis if we cannot shoot!!

Les Holgate might feel at home if it snows as he is away skiing at the moment and intends to turn up on Saturday afternoon(ish) weather permitting.

Another weekend on the piste!!

Last year we got rained off by a monsoon at Diggle.

It turned out all right - we adjourned to the pub for a World Champ's planning session - or was it drinking session?...anyway...

Some swots even did an impromptu RO course - indoors naturally!

Only jokingly I told Les to keep his salopettes on when he arrives - seems he'll be ideally equipped if he does... :)

Last year we got rained off by a monsoon at Diggle.

It turned out all right - we adjourned to the pub for a World Champ's planning session - or was it drinking session?...anyway...

Some swots even did an impromptu RO course - indoors naturally!

Only jokingly I told Les to keep his salopettes on when he arrives - seems he'll be ideally equipped if he does... :)

Hi Des, my skis have been waxed up just in case and my salopettes are in my shooting bag. So all prepared and ready to go (subject to receiving emails saying do not bother as I am sure that some vehicles if we make it to the Diggle Hotel, we might not be able to drive up to the range from there).

Salopettes ?? Had to Google that one to see what it / they is / are. They're nowt but fancy buggers' strides. Well, they say you learn something new every day - shame that I learn one thing and forget five in my fast approaching dotage.

Bobsleigh racing from the butts to the gate....... Les are you up for a North East team?

Bruce - I don't think you were at the GBFCA league round when Vince decided to do some rallying in the range truck on his way back from picking up the target centres at the end of the weekend. He nearly came to grief in the deep dip 150 yards in front of the butts where there is a little bridge, and the prizegiving was delayed while various competitors' Range Rovers were despatched to winch the errant vehicle back onto the track.

I mention this as I reckon that in the absence of side-walls and banked track, all the bobsleighs would end up in the little beck there! (Or if they survive that, take off at the top of the next rise and go for a brief if thrill-packed flight over D Range into the reservoir.)

Bobsleigh racing from the butts to the gate....... Les are you up for a North East team?

Hmmmmm, a Geordie 'Cool Runnings' team. Sounds good if there is no shooting.

I suggest we have lots of pease puddin and stottie cakes to obtain lots of energy, along with Newcastle Broon.

As for being realistic, well I will wait for somekind of message/email from the locals to see if it is worth travelling down, as I have a feeling that quite a few cars will not make it past the Diggle hotel. What are your plans?

Hi Les

Dad's Volvo has been substituted for my 4x4 so we should be OK.

If you need ferrying up to the range then give me a bell and I can provide Toon Taxi's :P

I am not on the GBFCA ring around list yet, so if you hear anything, let me know as I wont be leaving the frozen North (Allendale) until 5pm tomorrow.

Told you benchrest is easier..... no need to worry about getting cold and wet, we sit in the dry (civilised we are) :D

Cheers

Bruce

Ill be there with my 4wd, it has a winch,,,,,,,,,

Archived