.300 win mag moderators

big buck

I have recently been granted a 300 win mag and was wondering if any one could advise me on a good sound moderator. Would I be able to use my t8 reflex moderator off my 308 ( both same thread) or would the MV be to much for it??? Any advice would be much appreciated

I have recently been granted a 300 win mag and was wondering if any one could advise me on a good sound moderator. Would I be able to use my t8 reflex moderator off my 308 ( both same thread) or would the MV be to much for it??? Any advice would be much appreciated

When you get advice,check it is explicitly from 300 win mag users-and/or check the manufactures specs.Some are specifically magnum oriented.

g

The T8 308 is not man enough for the 300 win mag.

I happen to have a 300 win mag T8 (which is a smidge longer and beefed up a bit in the region level with the muzzle) sitting unloved in a cupboard, but it's got an fat thread on it so probably no good to you.

Another vote for the Ase.

Ive used one on a 7rem mag, 270wsm and 300 win mag. A mate uses one on a 300wsm.

For Magnums I would use a well built and solid can. as it will more than likely last a lot longer than the lighter alloy ones.

I have the ASE SL7 that I use on all of my 30 cal rifles. It is heavy but effective on 300 win mag.(slightly oversized cos I got it for a 338). I am not really keen on moderators but sometimes have to use them but they do make the rifle very long and awkward. The titanium ones by Simon Lawwrence draw mixed opinion but you pay for the weight reduction.

Archived