VERMIN ON TICKET

nemasis243

Thanks to you all who gave me bits of advice about getting vermin on my ticket for my large calibre rifles, ;) I had a phone call last night as I was off out fox shooting from my FAO to tell me that the case I stated was good enough and that they would now be willing to put Vermin on my FAC for all my centre fire rifles :P

All legal at last :lol:

Cheers Lads just shows how good this site is , :mellow:

just cover your backside by making sure that the farmer signs for all vermin

I once heard of a case where the police had to respond to a phone call from someone who was proberbly an anti looking to cause trouble by saying they thought terrorist were out shooting

when the police arrived they found as suspected a guy out just doing a spot of hunting and he had a rabbit and a pigeon in his hands

the police then approached the farmer to confirm that the guy was all legal in shooting on his land and it was explained to the farmer that he had the rabbit and pigeon and was permission given to shoot these?

the farmers response was that he only gave permission to shoot rabbits not pigeon

the shooter was prosecuted and the farmer chucked him off his land

every animal is protected by law (fact) and once a year it is decided what will be on the vermin list or list of quarry but......

the reponsibility of deciding what from this list is a true pest is given to the farmer not the shooter

the farmer my decide that he has a problem with rats and crows but not rabbits so in this case we should only shoot rats and crows

its a daft law that we all forget but its law

it is also very unlikely that providing we stuck to the list that there would ever be any come backs but you just never know

but remember that we are the guest of the farmer and its his land not ours so its he that decides what we can shoot

all be safe and well :lol:

ja

Archived