A how not-to film

Roe

I'm guessing someone dropped his rifle out the back of the SAAB at about 60 and managed to get it gathered up and back in the car before he noticed!

can someone help me to understand why not having your body lined up in the direction of fire would trash your shooting? Is this still the case with small calibres or is it recoil dependant?

Watch the rest of this guys vids, he is an excellent marksman and his technic is usually A1. This video proves the best of gear can let you down when and if external forces come into play. Doesn't matter what way you lay behind the rifle it wouldn't shift your zero 14 mils, that's over 40" at 100yds give or take.

A terrible day at the range, but there is still lessons to be had.

Lie properly behind the rifle or else...

Thomas,

We've all had days when "the wheels fall off".

Great to see someone with the integrity and moral courage to post a video of one.

:)

can someone help me to understand why not having your body lined up in the direction of fire would trash your shooting? Is this still the case with small calibres or is it recoil dependant?

338 is particularly unforgiving of inconsistent hold (and, infact, so are most long magnum rounds)- but it's the same in principle for all calibres.

Thomas,

We've all had days when "the wheels fall off".

Great to see someone with the integrity and moral courage to post a video of one.

:)

yes indeed,many just lie improperly about it :)

george

338 is particularly unforgiving of inconsistent hold (and, infact, so are most long magnum rounds)- but it's the same in principle for all calibres.

He said it all really. I have some hold/torque/twist issues especially during rapid fire, but I am currently getting the rifle under proper control - it just requires a bit more work. The bugholes are there from the good positions, but not in the less than perfect field positions or on snow.

For the above reason I really like 6,5mm and 6mm. Good ballistics and far easier to control/ much more forgiving through the positions.

one of "those days"

next.................

i sufered going from 243 with a mod to a un modded 308 to be honest with regard to controling the recoil

couldt shoot for $&£$ off a bench but prone in a good position it was awsome!

cheer Andy

Archived