Norma powders

Zaitsev

15 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

Hmm, spendy, especially when RS powders are around £75-£80kg

Personally I'd like to try N217 but unless the Norma distributors lower their prices a bit, I don't see Norma powders challenging Viht or RS for market dominance. If I were Norma, I would have really pushed UK sales big time, coming in low to gain market traction.

Shame really as they have a very good opportunity given that most Hodgdon / IMR powders are banned now. 

Ho hum. 

Blimey when was the last time you bought RS 62 ? 

New stock your be lucky to but itfor £90 a kg .

On 12/20/2018 at 9:31 PM, One on top of two said:

Blimey when was the last time you bought RS 62 ? 

New stock your be lucky to but itfor £90 a kg .

I don't use RS62 but I am able to get it for £76/kg at the moment.

Always worth shopping around rather than going to the big names quoted. They don't always offer the best price!

1 hour ago, Catch-22 said:

I don't use RS62 but I am able to get it for £76/kg at the moment.

Always worth shopping around rather than going to the big names quoted. They don't always offer the best price!

Blimey that’s a very good price indeed, think the cheapest I have seen it for recently is £81 . But I have a feeling that could be older stock ( I could very well be wrong ) 

i know of a few shops that have started to sell it and it’s all round th £90 mark .

as more shops start to sell I’m wondering if it will keep the prices down a bit as they all try to compete with each other ? 

The RS powders are relatively new so even if it is 'old' stock it's not going to be that old!

I suspect there's also something about location, where one lives in relation to the big importers and distributors. The further away your local stockist is from the importer, the likelihood is the powder has had to be transported via an expensive HAZMAT courier, so your local stockist is simply passing these additional costs onto the consumer.

Then there's how much the local stockist is buying to sell. If it's only a few tubs, they're not getting any discount. However if the stockist is buying bulk, it's a fair bit cheaper and the savings can be passed onto the consumer. 

Personally I always favour buying in bulk (whenever funds permit - which they don't all the time!) to get a saving. It also makes sense from a powder lot to lot consistency perspective.

1 hour ago, Catch-22 said:

The RS powders are relatively new so even if it is 'old' stock it's not going to be that old!

I suspect there's also something about location, where one lives in relation to the big importers and distributors. The further away your local stockist is from the importer, the likelihood is the powder has had to be transported via an expensive HAZMAT courier, so your local stockist is simply passing these additional costs onto the consumer.

Then there's how much the local stockist is buying to sell. If it's only a few tubs, they're not getting any discount. However if the stockist is buying bulk, it's a fair bit cheaper and the savings can be passed onto the consumer. 

Personally I always favour buying in bulk (whenever funds permit - which they don't all the time!) to get a saving. It also makes sense from a powder lot to lot consistency perspective.

Yeah good points we’ll put 👍

im in the middle of load development 6.5 CM and 308 win so I’m playing with RS 62/52 

just a little bit of weaking here and there and I’m done .

thats when I will looking into buying 3-4 kg of each at a time .

Archived