how not to reload

col48

hi all just got this of modern stalking.

now if you are strong in arm and thick in head, this message is for you. :):):o

please do not do your reloading like this its just a joke

ATB

Colin :D

thanks for that link col, ill take some of his relaoding tips on board, just wish I hadnt shelled out on all that fancy reloading kit when all I need is a hammer and a milk jug of powder.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Vid! There are people who load like that!

I worked in a large gunshop in New Mexico years ago and there was a fellow who would buy highly desirable collectors pistols and blow them up by his bad loading techniques. In one instance he loaded a 357 magnum Smith and Wesson by dipping the case into a bowl of powder and shaking it off until the level "looked about right". He blew the top of the cylinder and the frame off of that particular pistol. He ruined a beautiful 45 Colt Match gun by adhering to his rule of internal ballistics: Heavier bullet = more powder. He ruined at least 5 handguns (miraculously without injury) before he announced a switch to rifles. We sold him a vintage/pristine Model 1903 Springfield 30-06, 1000 surplus 173 grain bullets (heads, to you?) and an eight pound keg of H-5051 machine gun powder. This was the slowest burning powder you could get at the time and a compressed charge would generate negligible pressures no matter what bullet you used. He was pleased, often describing his "scoop n' shake" loading technique to anybody who would stand still long enough to listen. The man was living proof that some folks ought not be allowed to reload.~Andrew

Guest 308Panther

Andrew...

After reading that .....All I can do is shake my head and wonder...

And to think he is the end result of being the fastest swimmer.

There is definatley something wrong with the gene pool....

308Panther

Archived