All new butler creek covers

Scotch_egg

Not sure if I have missed these but just discovered what are described as the tactical covers. I'm not fussed about a name just as long as they are more robust than standard butler creeks!

http://www.libertyoptics.com/contents/en-us/d109.html

Its not just me being clumsy then? Damned things (BCs) keep breaking at the hinge!

Not sure if I have missed these but just discovered what are described as the tactical covers. I'm not fussed about a name just as long as they are more robust than standard butler creeks!

http://www.libertyoptics.com/contents/en-us/d109.html

I'll let you know as I've got some on the way :unsure:

They only seem to make them in a few sizes but the 43-44 should fit the Zeiss HT's :)

Where have you ordered from Gary?

Who's Gary ?

I've got a friend in the US and have asked him to send me a few over to try.Hopefully if they're any good they'll replace the crap current model with the entire size range and will be available from the UK supplier :)

Yep got to agree the current ones are poor.

I stepped over my rifle once when stalking and clipped the open BC part and it snapped off. The annoying thing was this one was the replacement for a previous one I had broken. Being a tight yorkshire man I had stripped the good bit off and kept it. That was until about a month before I snapped this one. Yes you guessed it the two broke in opposite ways and would have made a good one out of the two <_<

Must be a slot in the market for something better, let's hope this is the answer.

about time they get these crap covers sorted,after breaking the third one in two months took the last one back for a replacement.got told the supplyers would not except returns as its down to missuse,what crap you only have to flip it open and its snaped at twelve quid a time im not going to buy any more

• 2 weeks later...

Well the new covers have turned up :)

Time will tell if they'll stand up to the job but at least they feel more sturdy than the old onesdd30da21-d98a-4149-b062-22f5502e7c82_zps

IMG_03683_zps61e17bae.jpg

IMG_0369_zps2e516c02.jpg

I've got 4 spare if anyone fancies trying them £10 each plus a couple of quid postage

looks like he's watching off recorded sky+ too :P

Very observant but unfortunately since my little boy thought the Sky remote controlled his toy cars and did god knows what to it the light has a mind of its own and is always on :wacko:

Feel like I should donate one of these as a prize in the new UKV "eyes like a s**t house rat" competition now :lol::lol:

:lol: it nice to be able to see the pics yours for some reason are the only ones the ships vsat will allow to load - i'm putting it down to the magic controller :D

Archived