Strelok or Strelok Pro??

Hi guys,

Anyone with any experience with using Strelok Pro. I have been using Strelok and like it very much, is there any adantages that im not aware of on the Pro version, which should lead me to getting the Pro version?

Basicly, is it worth getting the pro version over the standard Strelok?

Cheers fellas.

Steve.

Ballistic AE. By far the best one out now. Frequently updated too

You may well be right. I believe it's not available for android phone though, iphone only I think. :(

I really cnat get any ballistic app to work with what my .204 is doing in real life. With all the correct data put in I can get almost identical results between several diffrent ballistic apps but they do not corraspond with what my bullet is doing in real life??? Annoying to sa the least!

If you're using the bullet manfacturers bc I'd guess you are hitting low compared to the program?

Quite the opposite really. I am using a calculated BC from diffrent MV's at diffrent diffrances. My elevation requirments are far less then what the programme suggests.

Muzzel velocity over chrono = 3707ftps using 39 grain Sierra Blitzkings. Advitised BC = .287

Shooting over a chrono set 180 yards away, Average = 2962 ftps, this I belive gives a calculater BC of 0.251

Scope hight 1.6 inch. I have used two scopes to confirm there was no tracking issues.

Zeroed perfectly at 100 yards shooting .2's-.3's.

Any type of ballistic apps i have used suggests as follows.

100 yards = Zero

250 yards = 1.35 MOA

300 yards = 2.16 MOA

350 yards = 3 MOA

400 yards = 4.13 MOA

450 yards = 5 .29 MOA

500 yards =6.57 MOA

In the field real life testing this is what I am getting.

100 yard = perfect zero

250 yards = 0.75 MOA

300 yards = 1.50 MOA

350 yards = 2.50 MOA

400 yards = 3.75 MOA

450 yards = 5.25 MOA

500 yards = 6.75 MOA

I really have to fudge the figes, the BC figures I have to drop down to .220 and put in on the app a zero range of 200 yards to really get it to be any where near what the rifle is doing. I am wondering if the tradjectory figuers are so far out, are the windage figures calculated also out???

Most testing if not all of it was at a altitude of 900 ft at 12-14 oc.

If anyone can figure it out that would be greatly appreciated as I carnt!

What do you think ?

Steve.

Muzzel velocity over chrono = 3707ftps using 39 grain Sierra Blitzkings. Advitised BC = .287

Shooting over a chrono set 180 yards away, Average = 2962 ftps, this I belive gives a calculater BC of 0.251

Scope hight 1.6 inch. I have used two scopes to confirm there was no tracking issues.

Zeroed perfectly at 100 yards shooting .2's-.3's.

Any type of ballistic apps i have used suggests as follows.

100 yards = Zero

250 yards = 1.35 MOA

300 yards = 2.16 MOA

350 yards = 3 MOA

400 yards = 4.13 MOA

450 yards = 5 .29 MOA

500 yards =6.57 MOA

In the field real life testing this is what I am getting.

100 yard = perfect zero

250 yards = 0.75 MOA

300 yards = 1.50 MOA

350 yards = 2.50 MOA

400 yards = 3.75 MOA

450 yards = 5.25 MOA

500 yards = 6.75 MOA

I really have to fudge the figes, the BC figures I have to drop down to .220 and put in on the app a zero range of 200 yards to really get it to be any where near what the rifle is doing. I am wondering if the tradjectory figuers are so far out, are the windage figures calculated also out???

Most testing if not all of it was at a altitude of 900 ft at 12-14 oc.

If anyone can figure it out that would be greatly appreciated as I carnt!

What do you think ?

Steve.

Hi Steve, You really need to test to fined out what your dials are acually measuring in each click???

Easy to do and will make the differance in your drop data charts,,,,

Darrel ;)

Hi Steve, You really need to test to fined out what your dials are acually measuring in each click???

Darrel ;)

How do I do that Darrel?

Cheers for your help guys.

Steve.

Darrel ;)

How do I do that Darrel?

Steve.

How do I do that Darrel?

Steve.

Both scopes I have had on the rifle have stated 1 click = 1/4 at 100 yards.

Zero at 100yds, dial in 60 clicks and see how far up your point of impact shifts. If it's true 1/4" it should be 15". If it's 16" or 14" then divide by 60 to get your true click value. I suspect it'll be a bit more than .25" which would explain your observed drops being less than they should be. ie when you dial in 2.5moa at 350yds your scope is actually putting on 3moa, which is what your ballistic program says it is. Either that or your chrono reading is up the left and your velocity is higher than you think.

Mike

How sure are you about your chrono speed? and how are you measuring the different speeds? two chrono's? same one and average at each range?

I would imagine it's actually your MV that is not correct.

Cheers for that guys,

I have experienced this with two diffrent scopes i thought when I put my sightron scope on it will change things and do what the programme is saying but every thinng remained the same.

I measured muzzle velocity and velocity at range using the same chrono.

It is a hardly used almost new chron, and with all the data plugged into quick load I the predictions are about right, I think quick load predictcs 3730 ftps.

I did have a play with the velocitys to see if that made a diffrence, when put velocity up around 4400ftps on the app it was close to what my rifle is doing, but cant see how my rifle is producing them speed without blowing up!

HHHmmm

What do you think?

Chrono shouldn't be that far out but they are not 100% accurate either. I fired over 3 different chronos on the same day with the same load and got 3 different average velocities. The lowest average was 50fps slower than the fastest. I've repeated this several times and got the same results off each chrono.

• 3 weeks later...

just a quikie,

has any one used a bushnell,elite 6500 with strelock,if so which mill dot did they use,

i downloaded it,but no mill dot,or rarther bushnell mill dot in it,was going to give it a try with the 34g dogtowns this week, allso loaded some up with the ramshot Tac and X-terminator,it's in .204 variety.

Ian

Archived