The new Valkyrie rifles action. "Valhalla"

We have been busy, beavering away all winter on the new Valhalla action. Its a premium version of the standard valkyrie action, with many new features.

People told me they wanted a premium British action to compete with the very best from around the world. This is it.

It has several uprated features , starting at the back.

IMG_1458_crop.jpg

IMG_1462_crop.jpg

The bolt bore is now reamed with custom made reamers, to allow a bolt clearance of just 0.001" if required. This makes for a silky smooth bolt travel.

The ejection port now has tapered ends to allow for easier cartridge insertion by hand if required.

IMG_1460_crop.jpg

The picatinny rail now has no central milled out section either top or bottom. Purely aesthetic , but befitting such an action. Its is fixed in place by four M4 cap screws and sits on two stainless dowels, holding it perfectly to the action. This gives the option of changing for a different MOA if required. It is scalloped to match the ejection port perfectly.

IMG_1469.jpg

The action has its recoil lug machined in as part of it. This gives a longer than average barrel tenon length, enabling heavy barrels to be used without worry. It also makes a switch barrel rifle , very simple indeed.

IMG_1459_crop.jpg

On to the bolt.

The bolt now has "camlocks". Basically this is a tiny pad, machined into the bolt body, just behind the lugs. These are essentially thicker parts of the bolt. As the bolt is pushed forward, they dont do anything as it travels down the raceway. As the bolt is turned into battery, the cams provide a 0.0005" lock up into the abbuttments.

This means a bolt with 0.003" bolt clearance can be run as a repeater etc, but still have the close tolerance lock up of a benchrest rifle.

The bolt has a sako extractor and plunger ejector.

The bolt body is helically fluted in the candy twist pattern. It is fitted with the finely facetted bolt shroud, which now runs a much finer internal thread. This ensures a smaller gap between the bolt body and itself on opening/closing , and also makes opening the bolt far easier.

IMG_1466.jpg

The firing pin has a small diameter tip to suit hot cartridges such as the 6.5 x 47 far better. Offering substantially more support to the primer upon ignition.

Indeed, the action actually feels lighter on opening from FIRED than unfired. It has one of the smoothest bolt lifts i,ve ever felt, and will not disturb any rifle on the bags.

The action is available with a variety of bolt handles including the new stainless ball, and is available in righ/left hand. Right/left port , single shot or repeater , long and short action.

Remington style bolt nose or cone bolt nose available for single shot actions

Available in polished finish only, it is too tight to be painted.

The bolts are also available with a Tuftrided black finish, which increases lubricity even further.

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

Retail price of £1500.

I,ve barrelled this action today in .22Br and it will be on show at Stoneleigh in a Robertson tactical stock, resplendant in a coat of custom paint. :P

I have no pictures yet, but will also have another action on display at the show.

This one is a basic custom action, with no cosmetic frills , just good, stainless quality. Perfect for a sporter, or a full custom on a smaller budget.

It will retail, with a rail and lug a, around the £850 mark.

That makes 3 custom actions available, to suit all pockets. The basic action will be know as the "Thor"

The valkyrie action i,ve sold for a while will be known as the "Odin"

The premium action above is the "Valhalla"

All will be available from myself to the trade, but will not carry my name. Prices on application.

However, i will supply bona fide dealers only.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The actions will be available to trade, but wont carry my name. If you want a "Valkyrie" it will be built by me...no one else.

Foxshooter,

Thats the reason there is now an entry level action as well. It will cover all price brackets .At £850 complete, the "Thor" will be the cheapest custom action on the UK market i think. [ in reasonable comparison to an equivalent action ]

I dont for one minute think the "Valhalla " will be a huge seller, due to its price, but its the equal of anything else out there in premium actions, and they carry that sort of price tag.

Thats always been a small market, but now there is a genuine top end alternative to the american actions for a target rifle.

There are more bits and pieces ongoing at the moment. Two different designs of stainless muzzle brake. A 20 MOA stainless Tikka T3 rail , and one or two other ideas etc.

Well done that man! Looks an awesome bit of kit, well finished to high tolerances. The cam part sounds very interesting is this something you have developed yourself?

It's great to see something of real quality being proprietary manufactured in Blighty, hats off to you Dave I wish you the very best of success with the new lines.

Ps great turn around on your website update, its the only way I can see the pics as currently all the system here can manage is blue question marks for forum pics (got a back log of things Im waiting to letch at here!). Its nice to see an updated current website with decent quality pictures really is a complement to your business.

Archived