Sinclair cant export leupold scopes?????????

craigyboy

Orderd a leupold VX III from sinclair a couple of days ago, got an email today saying they cant ship leupold scopes out of the US, since bloody when? 6 months ago they could, spiral staircaseing joke now I hada go and pay through the nose for one this end. I tried to order one from D and R but couldnt get anyone there the shop must be closed or something.

Craig,

welcome to my misery too... I think that Homeland security clasified scopes along with bazooka tubes and now one needs a federal export licence. I seem to recall that someone in the forum sometime back has had a similar discussion... It is a damn shame, seeing what the Yanks have to pay for them and what it costs us...

in sympathy

Finman

Finman its bloody crazy, they say they can now ship bullets and brass to the uk but oh no not scopes.

Looks doubtful ejg, I was going to the states on my honeymoon this yera planning on bringing alot back with me, but by the time it rolls around everything will probably be banned from export.

Craig,

a friend of mine has had the same dreams: went to New York, ordered the scope all was fine, till he gave his credit card number and they found out that it was not registered in the country. At which point they also denied the sale even though he was in the USA (arguing that the scope will not be used in the USA but would be exported). So, unless you turn up in Cabela's with a wodge of cash and are prepared to walk through their security with the damn thing in your luggage, i fancy your chances rather slim..... Unless of course you like Cuban food and don't mind praying 5 times a day along with the rest of your new-found friends in Guantanamo :lol::lol:

And to think that my wife brought me a leupold from the US, in her hand luggage a couple of years back. Walked with the box showing like it was a bottle of booze! How they did not stop her in customs here I will never know!

Finman

Craig they've had a public holiday in the States this week. Give Mark a ring at D&R he will sort you out. 001-570-735-1752 that includes international dialing code.

I've just had a Nightforce off him, so no problems with him exporting.

Cheers

Dave

supposdley browndog I think it was actually 6mmbr that brought this news out.

Brownells had a similar policy middle of last year but they have lifted it now, placed an order for rings, bases and flip up covers and got hit with an email informing me of the scope parts policy saying that i need a department of commerce export licence in order to purchase scopes or associated parts.

Ironically i cancelled and got what i wanted from Sinclair.

Ian

PS. For gunparts you need a state department export licence so who are the department of commerce? and what other departments are there that will but the brakes on our US ordering?

Finman its bloody crazy, they say they can now ship bullets and brass to the uk but oh no not scopes.

Craig,

are you sure? How are these bullets going to be entered in your FAC? Unless of course we are talking about match type (non-expanding) bullets... Sorry if I sound taken aback, but I have been led to believe that the transport of bullets is only possible with special licences etc, and not through the normal post (not to mention that the law states that one can purchase bullets- expanding- only with presentation of their FAC).

Let me know as i am interested in this.

Also, 6mmBR, can you provide a website for D&R?

best wishes

Finman

Craig,

are you sure? How are these bullets going to be entered in your FAC? Unless of course we are talking about match type (non-expanding) bullets... Sorry if I sound taken aback, but I have been led to believe that the transport of bullets is only possible with special licences etc, and not through the normal post (not to mention that the law states that one can purchase bullets- expanding- only with presentation of their FAC).

Let me know as i am interested in this.

Also, 6mmBR, can you provide a website for D&R?

best wishes

Finman

hi finman

http://www.dnrsports.com/

ATB

Colin :blink:

Archived