As requested by Wsm few pics through GUIDE 518C Thermal

Barrelsniffer

Here you go tim a few pics mate i took with the guide while home..no foxes sorry been trying to upload a few videos also but having probs with photobucket.

IR000028_zpsbe842408.png

Man and his dogs at 300yds...............white hot

IR000025_zps0591a8a3.png

white hot

IR000033_zps065b469e.png

Man and dog at 400-450yds ...........black hot

IR000032_zps76477bf0.png

IR000011_zps513bf758.png

Sheep in fields................white hot

IR000007_zpsf6d21fd4.png

Cattle in farm buildings 300yds

IR000034_zpscb107545.png

IR000039_zps0a17099b.png

farm house and buildings 500yds

IR000044_zpsa0adf297.png

One of the lads scanning with NV

IR000041_zpsa6860afe.png

IR000047_zpsf84af4f3.png

IR000046_zpse6d8fd0e.png

IR000054_zpsfbaf9784.png

My 4x4 showing the heat from engine and wheels

IR000048_zps34debbc2.png

IR000062_zps4dfd7e90.png

Guys on the range.

IR000061_zps59f757dd.png

IR000036_zps1c257fba.png

IR000058_zpsdfa6ef0c.png

Veh showing heat in Black hot mode

IR000038_zpsd66dd37b.png

Cattle in dist a good 800-1000yds away.

when i can get video onto photobucket will try upload them...next time im home will do a few with colour mode.

Mick

Rob not the unit i have no but you can buy weapon mountable sights...Dig very deep lol...personally though i would not want one on a weapon not for civvie use anyway.

Why not mick?

just my personal opinion mate you may see the tgt but can sometimes be hard to see whats behind is it safe ? unlike tubed NV you can see everything.

But what i use for spotting is great spotted 2 fox behind some bushes that my mates with pvs14s could not see until one fox ran off as we got closer and only then did they pick the fox up.

just my personal opinion mate you may see the tgt but can sometimes be hard to see whats behind is it safe ? unlike tubed NV you can see everything.

But what i use for spotting is great spotted 2 fox behind some bushes that my mates with pvs14s could not see until one fox ran off as we got closer and only then did they pick the fox up.

Bang on the money there bud, give me the green for shooting any day.

Very clear images Mick, looks like you could spot Charlie out to 350-400yards but as you say the main benefit is being able to spot them through vegetation etc where normal nv would be useless unless you catch a bit of eye shine.

Camo do you run the pulsar quantum? Any chance of some pictures for comparison?

Very clear images Mick, looks like you could spot Charlie out to 350-400yards but as you say the main benefit is being able to spot them through vegetation etc where normal nv would be useless unless you catch a bit of eye shine. Camo do you run the pulsar quantum? Any chance of some pictures for comparison?

Ye running the HD38 can't do pics with these unless you get a recorder, which i had (now sold)but pressing record on the thing was the last thing on my mind, picture wise i would say the same as a Mickys.

Ye running the HD38 can't do pics with these unless you get a recorder, which i had (now sold)but pressing record on the thing was the last thing on my mind, picture wise i would say the same as a Mickys.

Reason why i have no pics or vids of fox, last thing your thinking off when spotting and tracking one.

booked marked for later - Bloody tease the vessel tinterweb won't load the pictures!

Know what you mean, had a good play with this FLIR 3/4 years ago courtesy of the the met but the only picture i have is of a small fire not exactly a great representation. Was good enough to observe badgers in a thick wood though and birds in trees.

Great images Mick, do you alter settings in "advanced" menu in settings or just use the TI on the manual settings?

On turning the power on do you calibrate the unit with lens cap on then calibrate with lens cap off?

Do you alter the objective lens focus much when out and about?

Just our unit is sometimes grainy - but have some good footage of foxs at 400 yards, but havent loaded images onto the computer yet.

PM me if needs be - might be good to come over again when you are next back?

Does snow on the ground effect the image quality ?

We've got one on test and are struggling to get anywhere near the quality of the pics posted by Mick.The unit is apparently working correctly but we seem to be suffering from over exposure :blink:

Reason why i have no pics or vids of fox, last thing your thinking off when spotting and tracking one.

I know where you are coming from, I have the recorder for the pulsar n550, got plenty rabbit footage out to 175 yards but no fox as like you say once fox is spotted my mind is on the shot. Will have to start saving some pennies!

WSM, yes prolonged cold temps will make the picture over exposed, but only due to rocks, Walls etc having a similar temp to the ground conditions. When a living object is viewed it will still detect that ok.

Try calibrating with cap on then again with it off - works on my unit...

WSM, yes prolonged cold temps will make the picture over exposed, but only due to rocks, Walls etc having a similar temp to the ground conditions. When a living object is viewed it will still detect that ok.

I also had one night throwing it down with rain that also gave a complete white out, could not make any surrounding out but as grouse says if any heat source walks past will still spot it.

Thanks for that ;)

I think we might have established that the unit we've got is poorly :unsure:

Theres a fox sitting in a field behind my house now not 100yards off but you wouldn't know its a fox looking through our poorly unit :unsure:

Archived